10: Spill the bean

Kaylan never imagined that when she thought of going on vacation it would be a few days off from work with a splitting headache.

Her apartment seemed strange to her. She couldn't remember the last time she sat here on her sofa to watch a k-drama. Whenever she was home these days she felt exhausted and fell asleep. 

She slotted in a random movie 'Personal Taste' and microwaved a salted popcorn.

She sat back to watch the movie chuckling to herself. 'These producers are baaad.' She grinned. 'Yoon Eun Soo, seriously. She's also a doctor. Pish' she stuffed her face with some popcorn crunching.

She was a fan of all Lee Min Ho movies. It was a nice strategy to bring Eun Soo from 'Faith' to 'Personal Taste'.

Kaylan's phone rang and she realised it was Nneka, one of her best friends.

'KK I heard you were in an accident. Are you okay?'

'I'm better now. Guess who I got into an accident with though?' She grinned.

'Tell me, I'm terrible at guessing.' Nneka whined.

'Deji Ajayi.' Kaylan's grin grew wider.

'GET OUT' Nneka shrieked.

'So, what happened?' Nneka demanded.

'Nothing, he's nice in person, you know. He gave me his card.' Kaylan said munching on her popcorn.

'No, no, no... This won't do. I'm coming to your house. This gist is too juicy.' Nneka said and hung up.

Kaylan sighed and continued stuffing her face. She watched the movie but wasn't watching it. Her mind was on Layo.

It bothered her that her feelings for him were growing too strong. She had sworn not to grow attached to another man.

In some sense, she was a lot like Park Gae In in 'Personal Taste'.

It wasn't until later in the afternoon that Nneka arrived. They gossiped about celebrities and Nneka wanted to analyse all the angles of the details of Kaylan meeting Deji Ajayi. Nneka was already asleep when Kaylan realised it was 2:00 am.

She was staring at her phone screen and saw that Layo was calling. What could he be calling her for at this hour of the night?

Reluctantly she picked.

'Kaylan I can't find the Glory Homes file.'

'What, I put in the first drawer.' She said.

'Yes, I just found it.' He breathed in relief.

'What are you doing in the office at this time Layo?' She wondered.

'I'm taking a trip to meet some clients, regarding designs.' He explained.

'Okay then' she said.

'Are you getting better?' He asked.

'The headache comes and goes. It will be better by the time I resume.' She explained.

'Good to know.' He said awkwardly. They both stayed quiet on the other side, listening for the other to speak.

'You must have been asleep. Goodnight.' Layo said hurriedly, hanging up.

'What was that about?' Nneka demanded.

'Just my boss.' She shrugged.

Hm, just your boss with all that tension between you two. Give me a break.' She teased. 'Come here now and spill the bean.'