11: The Business Magnate's son

'So, if you were to pick between Deji and Layo, who will you choose?' Nneka pestered, helping Kaylan unwind her head bandages.

'None' Kayla said groggily.

'Hm, your head seems fine to me.' Nneka nodded in satisfaction.

'Let me help you with this then. If you were in a burning house with your two boos, who will you rescue first?' Nneka asked.

'Don't be silly, who wants to be in a burning house? I'm too young to die.' Kaylan said.

'If it wasn't for your head injury I would have given you a resounding knock to bring your sense into focus. Girl, this is a golden opportunity... And you know what they say about opportunity it comes only once.' Nneka nagged.

'Yes, I get knocked down by Deji's car and that's an opportunity.' Kaylan said angrily, feeling tired and stressed.

'What's up with you?' Nneka said worriedly.

'Headache and I slept late.' She explained.

'Last question, if you were stuck in a both with Deji and Layo in a boat surrounded by sharks. Only two can stay in the boat so it doesn't capsize, who will you throw to the sharks?' Nneka asked expectantly.

'First of all, I can't swim so I have no reason for hanging around boats or whatever. I don't even go close to the water when we go to the beach.' Kaylan rolled her eyes.

'You lack imagination. I'd have disowned you but then you have a thing with Deji Ajayi. You're impossible.'

'You are crazy Nneka.' Kaylan said, leaving the bathroom and falling into the bed.

'Can't you see I'm trying to help you here? You have to pick either Deji or Layo.' Nneka insisted.

'None of the above... I choose my job and I don't even know Deji. He's a stranger.'

Nneka grabbed Kaylan's phone from the bed as it was ringing. 'You might not know him but he knows you enough to call.' She scoffed, throwing the phone at Kaylan.

'Hi, Deji' Kaylan said in surprise.

'It's been two days and you didn't bother calling. How's your head?' He asked.

'My head is good... And in the right place.' she said, glaring at Nneka who was eavesdropping from the dressing room.

'It's okay if I see you today then, huh?' He asked.

'Hmm, okay.' She said. 'I'll text you my address.'

'I already have it.' Deji said. 'I'll be at your place in ten minutes.'

'What, okay – okay... I'll get ready right away.' Kaylan squeaked.

'Oh, my' Nneka mouthed.

'Don't start.' Kaylan placed a hand on her temple.

'Whoops, ten minutes is way too short. You better look pretty or I'll kill you personally.' Nneka threatened.

'Why will he want to see me?' Kaylan wondered, getting dressed.

'The point is that he wants to see you. I'm borrowing this dress KK. I'm officially meeting a business magnate's son for the first time in my life. That's not a magical stunt that can be pulled. I tell you KK Deji Ajayi is your destiny.'

'No, I don't even like him.' Kaylan scrunched her face.

'But you like Layo.' Nneka said triumphantly.