CHAPTER 28 : APOLOGIES DON'T MAKE YOU SMALL

Start from the beginning

'No sir. Why are you saying sorry? You're my boss.'

'But that doesn't give me the liberty to play with your feelings and treat you like a toy. I feel bad about that and that's why I have to say something important to you.' I said.

'What is it, sir?' She asked back.

'You've been in this company for quite a long time and seeing your determination and loyalty towards your job, I think you deserve a reward.' I explained.

'No sir. I'm okay...' She said.

'No Inaaya, I'm not doing this out of pity or shame. I am doing this because you still continued to work harder even after everything that happened and that's commendable.'

She just smiled.

'Seeing your hard work, I want to give you a promotion. I'm promoting you to the head of the modelling and designing department since that post has been vacant for quite a long time. This post also comes with a pay raise of 50 percent.' I said.

Her eyes grew wide in shock.

'What?!' She asked in amusement.

'Yes.' I said, smiling.

'But...' She was saying when I interrupted.

'No buts and ifs. What I said is final and no more questions.' I stated.

'But sir, that is a huge responsibility.' She exclaimed.

'And I know you'll handle it well. And I'm trying to change myself now. Will you not give me a shot at starting that from now on?' I asked.

'But you're as good as you are right now.'

'I want to be better now, because I've made a lot of mistakes and I want to correct them.'

'Alright sir. But I want to continue being your secretary in addition to the new post you've offered me.' She said.

'Why?' I asked, puzzled.

'Because I enjoy that job. And no one else can handle your mood swings and anger better than me and no one else knows what you need at what time.' She explained.

'That's right.' I laughed.

She also laughed.

'Alright you'll continue with your old job along with the new one and I'm sure you'll handle it well.' I said.

'Of course sir.' She said and left my cabin.

Nandini came in after a few minutes.

'So, what did you do?' She asked me.

I explained everything that I told Inaaya to her. She was very happy.

'I'm so proud of you.' She said, pinching my cheeks.

'All of this was possible because of you.' I said.

'I just gave you a slight push. Everything else was your doing.' She said.

'Thanks for everything.' I thanked her.

She came closer to me and breathed down my neck. It was amusing how even now I feel at loss of breath when she is near.

'Anything for you baby.' She whispered seductively.

'I love you.' I said.

'I love you too, darling.' Nandini said, closing the gap between us.

* * *
So, that was the chapter. Did you like it? Please leave a vote and comment.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░