4

When we got back to my place, we gathered some of our things and put it in a book bag. As the older sibling, I carried the bag. A few hours have passed, and we started our journey to the venue.

We were finally in the outskirts of town, in a forest. I could feel another presence behind a us, a very familiar one. I stopped walking, turning around slowly to be greeted by Chrollo. My protective instinct turned on, and I stepped in front of Killua.

"Stop following us!"

"Where are you going?"

"To hell." He gave me a confused look. "Like I'm going to tell you where we are going. Do I look stupid to you? Don't answer the question."

"I just wanted to tell you that the offer is always on the table. Be safe." He walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. My head rested on his chest, while his head was in the crook of my neck. The hug lasted a little longer than expected. When we pulled away, he whispered something into my ear. "I didn't mark you just for fun. I liked you, and I still do." He pulled away and patted my head.

"Stop. I don't know you that well. How can you like me?"

"I just do." He looked behind me at Killua. "Keep your sister safe. She's very important to me." He rubbed Killua's head.

"Baka."

Chrollo turned around and left the woods, leaving me in shock and Killua angry due to his hair being messed up.

"Come on, Killua. Let's go."

We continued our walk to the venue. My mind kept wondering to Chrollo. Did he really like me? I pushed those thoughts away when Killua stopped in front of me.

"Killua, why did you sto-" I looked up and saw two, massive men standing before us, blocking the bridge.

"STATE YOUR NAME AND PURPOSE!" Something about these men look off. I used gyo and examined the surroundings. There was string coming out of the men, leading somewhere under the bridge. I was going to tell Killua, but he looked excited.

"I'm Itsumi, and this is Killua. We are trying to get to the Hunter Exam venue."

"TO GET PAST THIS BRIDGE YOU NEED TO DEFEAT US!" Just like that, more of those men popped up.

"Killua, you take the ones on the left. I'll take the ones on the right." He nodded. I went for the first one, waiting for the others to attack me, but they all just stood there. I'm guessing that this nen user can only control two at a time. I glanced at Killua, he looks like he's having fun. The giant man went to grab me, but I slid in between his legs. I jumped on top of him and sliced open his neck, causing him to fall on the ground. I wasn't having that much fun, their fighting skills were below average.

I changed my aura to match the properties of fire, creating a ball of fire in my hand. I went over to each one and touched them. I moved back and watched my masterpiece; all of them turned into ash. I walked over to Killua's side. He was on his second one.

"Killua, stop playing with your victims. Just kill them. We have places to be."

"I'm having fun."

"Killua."

"Fine." He finished the second one off and killed the rest within seconds. "Happy?"

"Very. Come on." Before we got onto the bridge, I stopped Killua to tell him about the nen user. After we established a plan, we got onto the bridge. I looked at Killua and gave him my signal. We both jumped down, trapping the nen user.

"Well, it turns out you passed, unnaturally fast." He did something and created a door. "Just walk through the door, and you'll be at the venue. Good luck!" Weird. I opened the door and walked into the room filled with a bunch of people, Killua not that far behind.

We were greeted with a short dude that had a huge nose. "You must be newbies. My name is Tonpa." I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but something was off. He reached into his satchel and took out three cans. "Here." He handed each of us one. I looked over at Killua, he was already drinking his.

"You can have mine." I handed it to Killua, watching him chug it down.

"Do you have anymore?" Tonpa looked surprised.

"Sure." He handed him two more cans.

"Don't worry. I won't die. Poison doesn't work on me." Killua smirked and walked away. I followed him to a corner and examined all of the applicants. Five people caught my eye: a group of three, one dude with pinkish-reddish hair, and one with familiar pins inside his face.