3

After I cleaned Alluka's wounds, I stayed with her until she fell asleep. I woke up to a weird noise coming from outside the door. I slowly got out of bed, making sure I didn't wake up Alluka and opened the door to find Killua standing there.

"Killua, you should be asleep?" I picked him up and brought him to the bed.

"I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"Chrollo and dad are fighting." I quickly set Killua down.

"Killua. I need you to stay here and watch over Alluka. Protect her. If anyone comes through here that isn't family, kill them. Nod if you understand." His little head moved up and down. I kissed him and Alluka on the forehead before departing to the main floor.

The closer I got to the top of the stairs, the louder the sounds were. I followed the sounds to my parents' room. I was almost there until someone pulled me behind a wall. The bedroom doors flew off the hinges, taking some of the walls with it.

"Why are you up here?" This was the first time I saw Illumi show any emotion.

"Killua came down to Alluka's room. He seemed scared."

"Where is he?" I knew Illumi had a soft spot for Killua.

"With Alluka. What's going on?"

"Chrollo attacked dad in his sleep. He almost killed mom. Why aren't you with Killua?"

"I wanted to see what was happening." All he cares about is Killua. "What about the other people in this house? You do know that Killua isn't the only one living in this house."

"I have to protect Killua. He is the heir to our family business."

"Whatever you say. Should we help?" I peeped my head out from behind the wall.

"I think dad's got it, but we should move." He grasped my arm and pulled me through the hallways. I looked back and saw another explosion. I could faintly see mom holding Kalluto and dad and Chrollo fighting. "Go back down to Killua. You need to protect him. I'm going to protect everyone up here."

"You forgot Alluka." Everyone always forgets about her.

"Her too." I ran back down to the basement and entered her room. They were both awake. Killua was holding Alluka in his arms. I could tell both of them were afraid.

"Hey, it's okay. Come here." I tucked them both into bed and sat next to them until they were fast asleep. I closed my eyes just to regather my thoughts, but Alluka's door slowly opened. There he stood, the traitor: Chrollo.

"What do you want, Chrollo?"

"I just wanted to say bye."

"Why did you even come here?"

"I needed to take care of some unfinished business."

"So that question that you asked. You weren't joking around were you?"

"Nope. I was being serious. I'm the head of the Phantom Troupe. My favorite pass time is to steal things, so when I heard that someone called an assassin to kill me, I had to find out who they were going to send. When I found out it was your dad, I knew I had to kill him. Try, at least. On the way here, I decided that I should just kill the whole family." I'm assuming everyone is alive. Chrollo must be strong if he made it out alive. I can't fight him, especially not with Killua and Alluka here. "I have a question for you."

"You just tried to kill my family. Why would I answer one of your stupid questions?"

"Do you like killing people? I do, so I just wanted to know if you do. I'm looking for another member, and I think you would be perfect."

"I don't like killing people. It's my job. I don't kill for fun. I only kill the people that my clients tell me to kill. I'm not like you, nor do I want to join your stupid club."

"Sad. Well, I'll be going. I'll see you very soon." He kissed my cheek and left. I couldn't move. Why did his kiss feel good? He's the enemy. After my initial reaction disappeared, I walked back over to the bed and fell asleep next to my favorite siblings.