15

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed with my body sore from last night's events. I sat up and looked around my room to see if Chrollo was still at my apartment. A pair of boots caught my attention at my bedroom door. I don't know why, but I smiled. Maybe he isn't so bad. I got out of bed and quickly placed some clothes on before making my way out to the main room. The moment I walked out of my room, I was hit with the smell of something burning. I immediately ran to my kitchen to find Chrollo standing there with two pieces of burnt toast laying in his hand.

"I was going to bring you breakfast in bed, but I guess I'm not that great at cooking toast." I walked up to him, taking the burnt toast from him and placing it on the counter. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a quick but passionate kiss.

"We can get breakfast out before I have to meet the troupe." He hummed and pulled me closer to his body. Before things got too carried away, I hesitantly pulled away and walked back to my room to get ready.

I just put on some ripped mom jeans and a form fitting camisole, pairing it with come black heels. I let my hair stay natural and quickly coated my eyelashes with mascara. Before I went back to the main room, I grabbed my keys and phone.

"I'm ready!" Chrollo grabbed my hand, leading me out of the apartment. We walked to a small cafe and got our food before making our way a table. I unwrapped my croissant and pulled my bowl of fruit closer to me.

"You could say this is a date." I looked up at Chrollo with a mouth full of croissant. I quickly chewed.

"Chrollo, no one said that." The sun was shining perfectly on him. His hair was down, and he was wearing casual clothes. If it wasn't for my family, I probably would pursue him, but I'm not going to betray my family.

"A dollar for your thoughts?" He's so stupid sometimes.

"Baka. That's not the saying. How does your nen work?" I was very curious. Will he take my nen?

"I have to see the person use it. Then, I need to ask a question about it. The final step is that they have to touch this book." He held up a very old book. "It has everything in there." He's already seen my nen. I can't remember if he asked me a question about it. "Are you ready to go?"

"Ya, sorry." We both picked up our trash, placing it in the trash can. "Are we going back to that old, abandoned building?"

"Yep!" I hate that place.

"Why don't you guys get an actual place?"

"It gives off a certain aesthetic." I gave him the 'are you serious' face. "You should see your face right now." He said in-between his laughs. He has a cute laugh. "It's secretive. No one really comes here."

"Where do you guys sleep?"

"Someone's curious. We don't sleep there. The only thing that's there is the big meeting room and Feitan's torture rooms. There are other rooms there that are unoccupied."

"you didn't answer my question."

"Oh. We usually sleep somewhere else. Sometimes it's a hotel or an apartment or we go somewhere completely different. They all show up when I need them." I'm going to regret asking this question.

"Where do you sleep?" He wiggled his eyebrows. I could just punch his face. "Answer the question."

"I sleep at the our headquarters."

"YOU JUST SAID THAT YOU GUYS DONT SLEEP THERE!" Why is he lying to me?!

"I don't really sleep. I have too much stuff to think about. I also have a hard time falling asleep, but last night was the first night I could actually sleep." Without even thinking, I offered something that I would soon regret.

"You can stay at my place." He quickly wrapped his arms around me, twirling me around in the air. The people we were around were giving us stares. "Chrollo. Put me down." He set me back on the ground. "I'm assuming that's a yes."

"It's a 1000% yes! Now, we are definitely dating." I used my nen and pushed him off the sidewalk onto oncoming traffic. "HEY! THATS NOT NICE!" He's alive, still.

"Stop saying we are dating." He placed his rather large hand on my head, patting it multiple times. "Baka. Stop." I tried to hide my blush by looking down. I felt a warm hand grab mine.

"I can see it. Come on!" He starts running which means I'm obligated to run since we are attached. He suddenly makes a complete stop, causing me to run into his back.

"CHROLLO! OUCH!" He started to rub my forehead, leaving light kisses.

"Sorry, baby." I swat his hands away. "We need to walk in with confidence." He let's go of my hand. I kind of wish he didn't. "Follow me." His aura changed so quickly. I followed him and saw 12 troupe members sitting around a ledge.

"Guys, we have a guest. Be nice."