17

On the last ring, he finally picked up.

"Itsumi, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, dad. I just wanted to let you know that I'm in the troupe. They are going on a job right now, so I'm going to follow them."

"Be careful. They are strong and won't hesitate to kill you."

"I know, dad. I'll call you when I'm done." I hung up and hid behind one of the buildings near their headquarters. Their voices were getting louder and louder as they got closer to me. Thankfully, they didn't see me.

I don't know how long I've been following them, but I'm in front of a hotel building thing. I watch them walk in and split up. Once I made it inside, I took the route Feitan and Franklin took. I opened the main doors to find Feitan and Franklin on the stage. Before I could register what was happening, the sound of guns going off and screams took over. I retreated and ran out of the room, just to be stopped by Shizuku.

"I thought you said that you had something else to do."

"I realized that I wanted to go with you guys. I might as well see what I'm getting myself in to."

"Well, go see if Uvogin needs any help. He's downstairs." I nodded and followed the signs to the basement.

When I got there, Uvogin was upset and acting irrationally. Shalnark was down here too.

"Hey, Shalnark?" He looked at me and nodded. "What's going on?"

"We were going to steal some stuff, but it isn't here." That's why Uvogin is throwing a tantrum.

"Well, we should get going. Your stuff isn't here." The three of us walked back up to the main floor. All of the blood and dead bodies were gone. Blinky. We walked out of the building, but something caught my eye across the way. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

I climbed up the building, following my senses. When I got to the roof, my emotions were mixed. I couldn't tell if I was annoyed or pissed off.

"Illumi, why the fuck are you here? Why are you here with him?" Illumi looked over to the guy you were pointing to.

"He's an acquaintance, and my business being here is none of your concern."

"Whatever." I walked to the edge of the building, getting ready to jump, but a sudden sharp pain hit my lower back, causing me to fall back. I reached my hand behind me, taking out a needle. "YOU ASSHOLE."

"You can't leave yet."

"News flash Illumi! YOU. DO. NOT. OWN. ME." I couldn't move my lower half of my body. "Why can't I move?"

"Pick her up." The other man started walking towards me.

"Oh, hell no. He will not be touching me."

"Sorry sweetheart, but I only listen to your brother."

"I find that quite surprising. How many alter egos do you have? Is your name really Hisoka, or do you just go by that to trick people?"

"I like feisty." Hisoka gently picked me up, following Illumi to a room in the building. Once we were in the building, Hisoka set me on the ground.

"Illumi, why am I here?"

"We need to talk about why you were with the phantom troupe."

"That's none of your business. Maybe you should ask your acquaintance over there why they are in the troupe." If Illumi had emotions, he would have looked surprised. I slowly started regaining feeling in my legs. "Illumi, it seems like you have trouble making friends. I don't want to sound like mom, but do better."

I got up and walked to the door. "It's not really your business, but I'm working. I hate the troupe as much as anyone else."

"Why was he in your apartment?" I immediately stopped in my tracks.

"That's none of your business."

"It is my business. You are family."

"I'm still here you know." We both looked over at Hisoka. 

"No one give a shit if you are here." I walked over to Illumi.  "Stop watching me. I don't care why you are doing it, stop."

With that, I left them.