The Poltergeist of Mischief - Part 2

Another part!  Sorry for the little wait, I got inspiration to do the Gritho thing beforehand, and so this got delayed.
*+*+/|\+*+*×*+*+/|\+*+*

/-+* Third Person POV *+-\

"So, you're saying there's a ghost in the basement?" Doc repeated slowly, disbelieved at the news.

All of the hermits were gathered in the living room. Well, all, except Etho. He disappeared this morning, and nobody knew where he went. Scar and Cub also excused themselves. Scar was scared of ghosts and didn't want to talk about it, but he also didn't want to be alone, and so Cub was with him.

Last night, X, Scar, Cub, Joe, and Cleo went to the basement, and saw a ghost. The other three were telling all the other hermits about it. The other hermits were a bit skeptical of the news, but they didn't think X was lying.

"God, I should've caught the ghost! Don't you think so, Joe?"

"Cleo... you can't catch ghosts with just hands."

"So, X," Iskall spoke up, "Are you saying you five actually saw the ghost?"

"Yeah! We did!" Cleo nodded, "They had blonde hair, a red shirt, and they were transparent! I was going to catch them, but they fazed through the wall before I could even get near them!"

Joe sighed, "Even if you got near them, you wouldn't be able to catch them anyways."

"So like, Scar wasn't hearing things?" Iskall asked.

"Turns out he wasn't" X shrugged, "We probably could've gotten more info, but Cleo scared them off."

"Well, I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself!" Cleo defended herself, "Also, after we saw the ghost, Scar and Cub scurried off screaming, again,"

"I heard the screams." Ren sighed, "I almost fell out of my bed."

"So, you guys are saying, there's an a-actual ghost in the house?" Mambo asked.

"Oh my god! If you all are going to just repeat the same question over and over again, just go see for yourselves!" Cleo huffed.

"Hmm," Doc nodded, "That actually sounds like a good idea. Where's this ghost again?"

"The game room." X sighed

"Great!" Cleo said, "X, you lead the way, everyone that wants to come and see, stand on this side of the room!"

Almost every hermit in the room volunteered to see, except two people.

"Mumbo? Ren?" Cleo called, "You guys don't wanna come along?"

"Yeah, no thanks." Ren said, "No, I'm not scared, it's just... I'm not that interested to be honest."

"N-nope." Mambo utter, "I'm not coming."

"Alright then..." Cleo turned to the ghost group, "Let's go!"

"Alright." X nodded.

The ghost hunting group marched to the basement door and down the basement stairs, and through the hallway and stopped in front of the game room door. X, the one in front, reached for the doorknob, and turned to the others.

"Alright, he might not be in here, but here goes." X said to the others as he slowly grabbed the doorknob. He slowly opened the door, and two voices were heard immediately.