One

Y/n's pov

"This is the last time Vera! I hear another complaint and you're fired." Our boss seethed at my friend walking away back to his office.
As soon as he was out of hearing zone I started laughing like sorry but that was hilarious.
Vera glared at me and advanced towards me pointing a finger, "You-" she paused "don't say a word about this to anyone! Understood?!"
"Yes sir!" I mock saluted her and we got back to work while bitching about boss. Vera mumbling about how it was just the second time she broke a cup.
We got to work as we changed the sign to 'Open' that hung at the entrance.
Customer after customer, the cafe was always packed hence our mistakes wouldn't go unnoticed but we tried our best to serve the customers.

Finally after 4 hours our shift ended and we got out of there and dragged our asses to our shared apartment. We shared apartments with another one of our friend, Suya. She was kinda rich so she didn't need to work really but she still helped us out at times. We were together from the past 4 years so we are very accustomed to each other's shit so it wasn't surprising when we returned to clothes on the floor and love-making noises.
Vera smacked her hand on her forhead and dramatically dragged it down her face as she descended to her room that was beside Suya's. Hehe poor Vera.
I climbed the stairs to reach my room and huffed while falling on the bed.
I was so tired, I removed my bra without removing my tee and pushed down my jeans. I kicked them to fall on the floor and covered myself in blankets, thinking about how I hadn't brushed but I couldn't care less at that point. I fell into a deep slumber, my dreams drowning me.

4a.m.

I shifted trying to get comfortable not liking the way my mind was becoming conscious again.
I finally got up and pressed my phone's power button, 4:02a.m. staring back at me. I almost whimpered in annoyance knowing falling asleep again would be a huge quest. Who am I kidding I cried out of frustration. Tears rolled down my face as I looked at my window settee which was basically just pillows on my window sill that I had made for crying and reading sessions.
I wiped my tears as I strolled towards the settee and placed my ass on it while I stared outside. The street lights glared at the empty road. I looked up at the sky trying to find the moon but the clouds blocked my view. I sighed and just stared at the clouds while pulling my knees to my chest thinking about how different life would have been if only I had more money, just a little more. I was 3 months due of my share of the rent already. My friends had helped support my finances a great bit but I couldn't depend on them forever.
We had to go our separate ways at some point in time in the future. And let's not forget about the college fees that hangs like a sword above my head, ready to fall and hurt my poor self at anytime. I was barely managing to pay my college fees and no I couldn't depend on scholarships as I wasn't really a..bright student? If only my parents had stayed home the day they got into the accident that stole them of their lives, I wouldn't have to suffer like this.

I knew it was wrong to blame them for my condition. I knew they didn't purposely die to put their child through misery but I just needed something that could make me feel better about myself so I blamed it all on them and their non-existent carelessness. I closed my eyes as the familiar ache in the chest blossomed, tears now flowing like a little stream.
I opened my eyes and quickly wiped my tears not wanting to go weak even though nobody was there to witness it. I was just stubborn like that.
I looked at the sky back again. Wishing for a miracle was all I could do at this point. The rational side of me complained about how dumb it was about how I did this shit almost every night and yet couldn't stop lying to myself. I closed my eyes, intertwining my hands and wished.

'I want to be happy.'

But what her rational side or her all together failed to notice was the star that shot across the sky disappearing into the distance.

(A/n : Hey guys so I didn't put the author's note, introduction or shit like that at the beginning of the story because ik most of y'all gonna skip it and also I didn't even know what to write lmao. So like I'm Ananya and this story is totally based on my imagination and the movie 'Wish upon a star' so don't copy and if you like it then please vote, comment and share this with your friends. Also I'll update whenever I'm free so there's no routine and sorry for the short chapter. Bye.)