🌸Demons🌸

Emma has been resting since she has a nasty fever going on, we're lucky we made it into this hideout..with these demons. I remained protective over the children and watching the demons every move, they might not attack us from what I can tell but they're holding back from it, especially the taller one named Sonju.

Mujika is female one who we found out first is a demon, she seems nice now that we've spoken but still, I gotta keep an eye on them. The children certainly already grown attached to them in this short time.

We are all little around a small fireplace Sonju made while Mujika prepared the food and I helped her hand it out. "Sister! Look I ate it all up." Yvette and Jemima tell me and showed me their now empty plates.

"I'm happy you ate up your vegetables too." They normally eat them up but they've complained that we've only been eating plants since we made it out but Sonju had gone out and killed a bird.

"I'll admit it's extremely weird to run into demons who aren't planning on eating us." I say trying to break off the tension.

Mujika holds up her bowl full of soup and passes it to Anna. "I'm sure you and your children are relieved from that thought. Because of our religion, we've decided to not eat humans. Very long ago demons and humans inhabited above, both as equals."

"I've heard of it many times yes. It must be hard living out here on your own-"

"As for you humans, you become a target to everyone here." I would try to defend myself but she is right. We're just humans and can't fight back like them.

Mujika must've seen me get worried so she spoke again. "I'm sorry if I made you uneasy but things will change I am sure of it. I'll be right back. Sonju, come with me." The taller demon followed her.

There at heading over to where Emma is laying down, Ray was asleep in another room so he must've woken up by now. I was worried sick when I heard no need but I was so happy when Sonju brought him in, still alive.

 I was worried sick when I heard no need but I was so happy when Sonju brought him in, still alive

Footsteps could be heard running towards us. Emma and Ray are finally up! I looked up from my spot and saw Emma's expression soften, she must've been worried that we'd be eaten.

"Emma!" Three of the children run over to her and hug her.

I stand up and run over to Ray first and hug him tight. "S-Sister!" Ray says surprised and tries to push me away but stood trying when I only hold him tighter.

"I'm just happy you're alive and well. Did you get hurt? Any bruises or scratches?" I ask holding his face and tilting it to see if he's been harmed.

Ray blushed a bit and moves my hand away. "I'm fine, nothing happened to me." He mutters and gives me a small smile.

"Come join us for dinner." Mujika informs us and we all sit down once more. We put our hands together when Mujika begins to pray. "For this blessed and pure meal, we celebrate our fortune."

"Thank you for the food." Everyone says and continue to eat their soup.

***********

***********

I finished humming to a song and placed the last set of blankets on the children. At least we'll be safe for now. I noticed the as usual the duo are gone so I got up from my bed made of blankets and began searching for them. The fire was still burning up ahead so I heard them talking to Sonju.

"What has happened then?" They heard my footsteps and glanced to make sure they were safe. They nodded their heads and looked back at the tall demon.

"Nothing happened."

"Could it be that we aren't on Earth?" Emma asks sitting down and Ray beside her. She's saying that because of the odd trees and creatures we've come across.

"No, this is Earth and indeed it is 2046." Sonju tells us and we sit down ro listen to his story. "In such a massive world, there were abundant humans for demons to hunt and eat. There were humans who surrendered to the demons out of fear. Other humans detested the demons and instead hunted and killed them back. Endless killing. Constant fear. When both side got sick the humans proposed and idea."

Sonju continues, "lets make a deal. Humans won't hunt demons, and demons won't hunt humans. Everything began with a promise. The promise split the world in two, dividing them. In addition, your ancestors were left behind as gifts to the demon world at the time of the promise. To keep that promise, humans have since been managed and bred. The breeding system is the farm, with Grace Field being number one."

I feel sick to my stomach hearing that, they've been using us over and over to give birth and ship the children off. How come I agreed with the higher ups back then?

"Its been about 1000 years since the promise. Since the agreement."

Emma and Ray seem upset at Sonju's words. "A promise between humans and demons?" I stayed quiet looking at them until Emma shrieked which made me jump up a bit in my spot.

Both kids began to cheer when they stood up. "It's the worst case scenario, but there's something to hope for!"

Sonju stared at them with a worried expression, "There's something else I need to say. In the 1000 years, no one's come and gone between two worlds."

"But a human world exists right?" Emma asks and Sonju nod his head. "Then, it's fine. We'll find it. Thank you, Sonju. I feel a lot better!" Emma finishes her drink and smiles wide.

I sigh, there's no use in talking her out of this now. "We better rest up." I tell them as I stand up and placed my hands on their backs.

Emma glanced back and nods her head. "Goodnight." Emma says to Sonju when we begin walking away. I certainly need this sleep and so do the children, now to wait another day and see what it has in store for us.

*********

Sonju, Mujika, the children and I continued heading deeper into the forest still laying low and being underground. "Grace Field isn't the only farm. There are many others. We have to see Mr. Minerva and ask him how to cross the world without demons."

I listen to Emma talking to the kids who stare up at her and Ray with excitement when they see the pen and its hologram. Rossi and Alicia being the ones jumping up and down.

I yawn and try to keep my eyes open the further we continue. Dominic is asleep in my arms so it's impossible for me to take a break now.

"The SouthEast? You'll be arriving in a day from here. You've all been walking all day, let's rest here." Mujika tells us all. I rest Dominic down and half of the kids run off to Sonju who's going to teach them a few things like lighting up fire. Mujika is teaching them how to make food.

Meanwhile the younger ones were busy I overheard Gilda scolding Emma go not telling her how sick she felt earlier, Ray didn't escape from the scolding too though. We're all tryin to survive here too, so yes they has every right to tell us what was happening. I'm their caretaker now so I must be aware of how they're feeling. I just hope I become as good at Isabella was with them, as a Sister I must do now everything I couldn't back then.