Chapter 2-Secrets and little chats

(c) Copy write

dragonsnbutterflies

8.2.2011

*Chapter 2*

Secrets and Little Chats

Liam POV

As I waited in the lunch queue, I searched frantically with my eyes.                       

  “What would you like?” asked the lunch lady in a bored tone.                                

“A shepherd’s pie and a vanilla coke please.” I replied quickly then went back to my searching as she put the stuff on my tray.         

“There you go.”

As I walked my eyes found what they were looking for. I walked over to ‘nurse girl’s’ table where she was sitting alone and deep in thought by the look of it

. “May I?” I asked quietly. She jumped and looked up, surprised

“Oh, sure.” She said smiling shyly but still breathing hard from the shock I’d given her. I sat down across from her just as her scary friend walked over and sat next to her.

Red head glared at me. “Would you like me to get rid of this creep?” she asked, still glaring at me but talking to ‘nurse girl’.                                                                                                  

  “No, he’s fine right where he is!” ‘Nurse girl’ declared before looking embarrassed at her sudden outburst. “Aren’t you.....?”                                                                                                                  

      I smiled, “My name’s Liam. And you are?”                                                                                              

 “Riklyn, but you can call me Rikki, everybody does.” She smiled. “And is Ashling, aka Ash.” She said, motioning to her friend.                                                                                                        

“So, how do you like Starwick high so far?” Asked Rikki,                                                                                            

“It’s not too bad; I haven’t really made any enemies yet, apart from your friend here of course.” I said, nodding at Ashling. Rikki laughed quietly then shot Ashling a look that I didn’t quite understand; it was like a pleading yet apologetic look. Ah well, I guess no guys understand girls.

Rikki POV

I laughed quietly then looked at Ash with an expression that said ‘sorry, but please be nice to him!’ She looked back at me and shrugged. Once that was sorted out I looked back to Liam, he seemed shy and withdrawn, yet at the same time, sometimes he had little outbursts of confidence. As if there was something or someone inside him trying to get out. I couldn’t quite understand it, but then again, what girl could understand a guy and his ways?

BBBRRRRR!!!

The bell went, signalling the end of lunch. I sighed and got up to leave when;

“Uh, Rikki?  I looked at Liam, who was the one who had spoken.

“Mmm?”

“Well...what class do you have next?”

“I have Chemistry.”

“HEY! So do I!” He smiled and I smiled back.

“Cool, you can come with us then.” Ash groaned and I shot her a frustrated look,

“Sorry.” She muttered. I smiled and led the way out of the cafeteria with Liam and Ash following not too far behind me.

Ash POV

After lunch the day was pretty uneventful. Turns out that, that Liam kid has first period, and every class after lunch with us. Rikki seems to have taken a liking to Liam so I'll be nice to him, but only for her sake. I don't trust him yet, I have sworn to protect Rikki with my life and I'm not going to make an exception for some boy. 

I hate keeping secrets from Rikki, it hurts me to a point where I feel ill or sometimes even experience physical pain, which I know she feels through our bond. I just tell her it's indigestion and make a joke about how much she eats. 

It hurts to lie to her too. 

But I look forward to the day when I CAN tell her. tell her the truth. Tell her everything.

But for now......

I wait...