•Chapter 31 #Part.1

Start from the beginning

Sancy frowned, "Yeah, I think we all realized it, like the first time we saw him. Why are you even comparing him to that bastard ? Of course, Kalvin is nothing like Cameron ! I don't know why we're even talking about that bitch. Let's go back to just Kalvin ! "

Cora couldn't help, but felt guilty. He was right. She needed to completely moved on and found a closure to her past relationship or she will never be happy and able to enjoy her life. She didn't notice how much she was comparing the two men while there was no reason to do it actually. But you couldn't blame her after everything she went through with Cameron. She couldn't help, but be scared and on guard. She didn't want to be hurt like she was ten years ago. 

"Yes, I know, I have to stop doing it. And...I should talk with my children also." She said sadly. 

"Talk about what ? " Sancy asked concerned.

"Well, what we recently lived was something not every kid of their age is used to experience and we didn't really talk about it, like I want to know if they're good and not too shocked. I hope they're not traumatized for life." 

Her sister nodded her head, "I hope too. So, what are you going to do with your life now ? " 

"Number one, I have to relax. Number two, talk with the twins. Number three, apologize to Kalvin and number four...talk with Cameron." 

Sancy almost choked on her wine, "WHAT THE HELL ?! "

"I want to move on and for real this time. There is a reason why this jerk is back in my life and this is deeper than what it really is. I had never had the occasion to let him know what he did to him, I mean emotionally and mentally. I have all this anger, pain and hate inside me that need to get out. I need to do it for my well-being." 

"I got you." 

-

-

-

"Kal, why did you leave ? " Acacia asked curiously. The twins were just out of school and today that's Kalvin who came to pick them up. Even if he wasn't living with them anymore, he still wanted to spend time with them and Cora also. He needed to get out of their house to have his own space, but not out of their lives. 

"Yeah, why did you not stay with us ? " 

Kalvin swallowed the food he had in his mouth before to answer, "Well...first off, I wasn't gonna stay with y'all forever and...Uh...I missed my own home." 

"So, it's not our fault ? "

He frowned a bit, "No. It's nobody's fault, at all. I just need to be back in my condo. I liked to be with y'all, but like I said, I was missing my own home." 

They nodded their head slowly, "But...If..." Acacia began trailing off and avoiding eye contact.

"But what ? " Kalvin asked looking at her. 

She sighed trying not to cry, "What if he comes back ? We need you to protect us." 

He wiped instantly the little teardrop on her cheek, "He's locked up, don't worry. He won't come back." He said to reassure her. 

"I wish he wasn't our father." The words escaped Almar's mouth. Kal turned his head towards the little boy, who had the same angry eyes that he had in Mama C's coffee bar the day they were searching his sister. Kalvin didn't really like it. He was frightened that this anger will turn the young boy into a monster looking for revenge. This anger could change him into a very dangerous person. Kalvin already saw this happened to some kids in his old neighbourhood and some ended up six feet under or in jail. He didn't want it to happen to Almar.

"I wish too." Acacia added frowning. 

"Hey, listen to me." He waited thirty seconds to have their attention, "Forget about him, he doesn't deserve y'all to be worried about him. And he's not your father, he had never been. He had never acted like it, so don't worry he's not your father. And don't let him get to y'all. You better than him and y'all are gonna show him and everybody else. I want you to do great in your life. Don't let all that anger lead you in the wrong path. Stay focus on making your dreams come true. I want y'all to overcome all the obstacles that you're gonna meet in your life. What Cameron did is one and I want it to be a strength for both of you. It will only make you stronger people, but it won't destroy y'all. Promise me...to be happy and if you need to talk with someone or simply an ear to listen to you, well my two ears will always be wide open. Okay ? " 

He held his two hands out and each twin shook one smiling. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: Part.2 coming soon. So, what do you think about the two conversations ? Should Cora really talk with Cameron ? What do you think about the twins and Kalvin relationship ? 

Thanks for reading guys !

And sorry for the mistakes.