A few of my lovely supporters have written books of their own, it's really good and I feel you guys should check it out. the_peculiar_author and Joegirlofficial

With that being said enjoy <3

—————————————————————————-

*beep* *beep* *beep*

     I groaned as my alarm when off. I don't want to go to work, but I have to. I work at a little bakery. It's a cute little charming place that has been in my city for decades. I like working there because it never gets too busy and I love baking and cooking. I've always loved it since I was a little girl. One day I want my bakery, but right now I'm just trying to pay bills. But one day.

        Anyways I have to get out of bed and get ready. I finally rolled out of bed and took a shower. Once I was finished I got dressed, did my hair, and got ready to leave. Once I finished I was on my way out to the door. I have a car but I like to walk, especially in the fall. It's always the right temperature. I put my headphones in and started to listen to music while walking. I enjoy this the most in my day because I always know it's like the calming before the storm.

Finally, I reach the bakery and step inside. My nose is immediately filled with the scent of pastries. I enjoy that smell the most. I walk back into the kitchen and put my stuff in my locker. While I'm doing that I hear Angelo's voice, "hey Athena how are you today?" He asked.

I turned around to be faced with the sweet old man. "I'm good, are you about to leave?" Usually, the store never gets busy enough that we need more than one person here. We make just enough money to stay in the shop. "Yeah, it's been a long day for me. I've been here since 4 am." He said letting out a big sigh. "Well, I have everything covered now. Go home and relax your work too much." I said with a little giggle at the end.

"Yeah well I see you tomorrow Athena, have a nice one," Angelo said walking out of the kitchen. After a few seconds, I heard the doorbell go off meaning he had left.

That means I'm here alone now. I let out a sigh. I walked out of the kitchen and saw no one was there yet. Good, I don't have to worry about customers just yet. I then looked at the pastry case and saw we need a few more lemon scones. Well, I guess I'll start on that while waiting for people to show up. I grabbed a bowl and started mixing the flour and sugar when I heard the bell go off. I hurried up and put the whisk down and walked to the counter when I saw a woman and baby. The baby couldn't have been over 6 months old. He looked a little so adorable. I just want to squeeze his little cheeks.

      While I adored the little bundle of joy. The woman started talking. She must have been 40 ish? Wasn't too old but wasn't young. On the other hand, I had just turned 20 i week ago. "Uh....can I have a slice of red velvet cake and an apple pie?" She asked still looking and the pastries in the cases. "Of course! That will be 18 dollars." I said with a smile. I don't know why but today I was really happy. She nodded and started digging through her bag. She had the baby carrier on one arm and her purse on the other.

      After a few long seconds of her digging, she finally got her wallet. The little boy in the carrier was asleep. He looked so precious. I was thoughts were interrupted by her handing me the money. I smiled and looked at the 20 dollar bill. I hand her, her change and started getting the paper plates ready for her cake. I opened the case and got her a slice of red velvet. I got her a fork and handed it to her. I then went over to the oven and grabbed a fresh apple pie and put it in a little cardboard box and handed her the warm apple pie. She smiled in return and sat down on one of the tables near the window.