...and lasts

Killua 'did a full 180', and was about to climb right back out the window, but you pulled Killua back, and sat him down next to you in the circle, away from R/n. there were intense stares going across from R/n to the man. "so uhh what's going on R/n?" you asked. "nothing. i was just leaving. you guys should too." R/n said, getting up. R/n was about to walk away, but the body guards blocked them from going out. 

"father. please tell your guards to stand down." "what did i say about calling me that?! guards! throw this rat in jail!" the man shouted. but it was too late. the guards were already unconscious, by R/n's swift movements. "come on, we need to leave before back up comes." R/n said, in a low monotone voice, and it didn't take long for everyone to comply.

you and Killua followed R/n, running in the hallway, passing door after door, until Bisky joined you all, running beside you. "i-it's good that you saw my m-message..." R/n said, and Bisky nodded. "i'm pretty sure you knew that i was strong enough to get out by myself, and you didn't need to help me. but i'll have to admit, it was a lot easier and more discrete doing it your way." Bisky said. "extra points for better technique!" R/n nodded, and gave a small smile before pushing open the doors to the building. 

"uhh you still haven't answered my question!" you shouted. "o-oh... i-i-i forgot you were... h-here..." R/n stuttered. you wondered why R/n was only stuttering this much now, but it didn't really matter so you let it go. there was also something else that was on your mind that was troubling you... "ah! we forgot Gon! i'll teleport us all to the base... thingy yeah we'll just call it the base."

___|~<0>~|___

when you all arrived to the base, Gon was relived to see you, and Killua were okay. "Where did you guys go! i was so worried!" Gon cried, jumping on you and Killua with a hug. "we're okay Gon, you're crushing my ribs..." you said, out of breath. "but you can't-" Killua cut him off by holding a finger to his mouth, and Gon nodded, and quickly got off. "so where'd you guys go anyway?" Gon asked. "well we uh-..." you trailed off. "we were separated by that big crowd that passed by." Killua said quickly. "oh! well, i hope you guys did at least one nice thing today!" Gon said cheerfully, and you and Killua burst out laughing again, remembering the traffic light incident, while Gon stood there, wondering what was so funny.

"Killua... i need to speak with you." R/n called. Killua nodded, looked at you, to let you know he was going, and left. you frowned a little, knowing R/n would be taking him again, Gon frowned along with you, and quickly said, "don't worry Y/n, he'll be back! nothing will happen between them, i can promise it!" you nodded sadly, but then finally realized what Gon said. "what?!??? what do you mean?!???" "i know you like Killua, and Killua likes you too!" "what are you talking about?!? i couldn't possibly fall for someone, i'm an npc!" "not! you're only half npc!~" "don't be stupid Gon! he doesn't like me, he likes R/n... and besides, i've already forgotten about that stupid crush." you said, looking down at your feet, and walking away, to go back to your thinking place. 

you watched the whole wilderness from your spot, not knowing how to feel about this Killua incident. "come on grow up me... be kind. you shouldn't be jealous of others! that's just childish..." you mumbled, ruffling and clenching your hair softly. 'but i can't help it...' you thought to yourself, thinking about all the times you tried so hard to trick them, and why you would even think of doing so. 

after a while, you stood up, and pointed at the space in front of you, as if there was another version of you standing right there. "come on me, i know you can do it! just stop being such an evil person... and be happy for them!" after a few moments of silence, you sighed and sat back down, knowing it was no use pointing at something that doesn't even exist.'i know what... i'll just be happy. happy that R/n is the one for him. happy that someone more deserving got him. happy that i'm not the bad guy anymore...' your thoughts trailed off as you spotted them both doing the same race you and Killua did before.

'though i was the one that wanted R/n dead... it feels like i'm the one dying instead. but i told myself to be happy before this... so at least if i die... i die a happy person, and R/n, Killua, Gon and Bisky will be happy too. maybe that's why  R/n is always so nervous around me... because R/n thought i would kill them if they ever got too close to...' 

your thoughts trailed off when you saw them leaning in to kiss. you quickly closed your eyes, and looked away, 'it would've made me sad if i saw it, and that's not my main goal right now...' you thought to yourself, looking back towards them. 'but then why... why do i feel so sad.' you tried to smile with ought the tears, but you couldn't hold them in, and the started to flow. but you kept that smile, even if you wanted so badly to let your lips quiver.

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

'i'll just...

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

...

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

__

be happy...'