the cost of being careless

"dad? what is that?" you simply replied. "a dad is a male that teaches you things, and raises you." he answered. a few seconds after, your nose started to run a little. you almost put your hand up to wipe it but remembered Killua there. all you could do was let it fall until Killua looked away so you could wipe it, and your smile partly turned into a grimace.

"you know you can stop pretending. oh and also pretending is kinda like when you lie when you do something." he finally added. it was as if he made that last part to trigger you, which he did. "so whats your name again?" he said. you immediately put you hand in front of him, stopping him from walking. "my name is not important. tell any of the others of what you learned today and i'll torture you. if any of the others find out i'll assume you told them, and torture you." you said. "i could care less if you torture me, my parents have been stabbing me since i was six. and i'm not gonna tell anyone your secret, i'm not a blabber mouth." he closed his eyes, and put his hands behind his head. "that is unless you have bad intentions, and are trying to trick us." he replied, opening one eye. 

you pulled your hand back down, and stood there happily annoyed at being able to shout at his face about how you weren't so clueless after all, but that was cut short by him calling you. "hey come on-! what should i call you if you won't tell me your name?" you stayed silent, but glitched ahead towards him. "oh i know... i'll call you rainbow. because that glitch in your step looks rainbow colored." he said. you looked at him, more annoyed and less happy now. 

he turned back forward, put his hands back behind his head, closed his eyes, and started walking again. 'dang it! you leave their side once, and now he's calling you rainbow. tch.' you rolled your eyes at the thought, and quickly sped up to walk ahead of Killua, so the others would think you were leading him when you both got back. he opened his eyes and noticed you were walking in front of him so he sped up to walk with you.

you noticed him beside you and sped up. then he quickly sped up again to walk by your side. this continued for almost the whole journey, until you spotted Gon and the girl walking side by side talking. you quickly hid behind the nearest rock pillar and pulled Killua back with you. "stop trying to walk with me!" you whispered yelled. "why not?!" he whisper yelled back. "because i need it to look like i was leading you, so i don't get caught!" you whisper yelled again. "well i don't care if you get caught i'll do what ever i want!" he whisper (slightly more) yelled. "keep it down you idiot! they'll hear you!" you whisper (slightly more) yelled, while slapping your hand on his mouth.

___|~<0>~|___

after a while of arguing, you finally came out from behind the rock, you perfectly unharmed, and Killua with a black eye. you led him over to the other two, who stared at him in shock and confusion.

"what happened to your face Killua?" Gon asked. "oh we ran into somenasty fast beasts on our way here..." he said grudgingly. "why were you talking with her" Killua said, changing the subject. "she's our new sensei, she taught me how to fight some giant beasts with ought losing so much energy like before! she's awesome!" Gon shouted. "doesn't look so awesome..." Killua mumbled. "what was that, brat?!" the girl yelled. "nothing nothing, hag." Killua said. at this the girl punched him in the face so hard, he flew up in the sky.

"Wanna call me brat, or hag again?!" she yelled, as Killua stood back up. Killua grumbled something, but it was too soft for anyone to hear. "good! now anyways, i'm Biscuit Krueger, but you can call me Bisky for short. i'll be your sensei from now on!" bisky said proudly. "no thanks but we already have a sensei, master wing." Killua said grudgingly. "wing? the scrawny little kid with his shirt un-tucked?" Bisky asked. "yeah why?" Gon asked back. "i am his sensei! so you all have to listen to me anyway!" Bisky said again. "all? oh you mean the n-" "the n-new player!" Killua blurted out. "what do you mean?" Gon whispered. "just follow my lead, i'll explain later." Killua whispered back.

"see, we're both veterans here, and this player has been following us around to learn. we didn't want you tailing us too because we already had them. they won't be training with us because um..." "-because they feel they don't need to train already." Gon quickly said. "y-yeah..." Gon added. "is that so?" Bisky said to you, waiting for an answer. you stayed silent, but Killua saved you. "they aren't much for words..." Killua replied quickly. "oh alright. let's get to training then, follow me!" Bisky shouted, and you all followed her.

___|~<0>~|___

thank chu for the votes! i appreciate all who added my story to my list too! also each chapter is 800-1000 words.