🦓 Chapter Nine 🦓

Zacznij od początku

"There's a zebra grazing in the distance."I replied not knowing how that would help.

"Just one or many?"He asked.

"It's in the distance but I can only see that one."

"Oh I know what road you're on."

"Really just because of a zebra, how?"I asked shocked getting back into the car.

"There's only one heard of zebras that grazes around these parts. You can only see one because your at the top of the hill. The rest of the herd is on the other side. Just keep on driving and you'll see where the road divides into two. Take the left and I'll meet you at the bottom of the hill."He advised.

"Wait you're here?"I asked looking around excitedly as if I could see him.

"Yeah I'm working at the bottom of the hill. It'll only take you a few minutes to get here."He replied.

I almost asked him to stay on the line with me but I shoved that thought away.

"Okay see you soon."I said hanging up.

I got back into the car and followed his directions.

I couldn't believe that I had almost begged him to stay in the line with me but that would have been such a corny move. I'd hold out for doing such things until he'd gotten more comfortable around me. It was approaching a week since I met James and we hadn't made any real progress in the direction I wanted us to take. I wasn't in a rush but ever since I discovered that I had some competition from a few village girls I realized that I needed to up my game. James would be mine and those girls especially that Naliaka or whatever her name was had better keep away.

After following James instructions the road started winding down and I realized I was going downhill. I still hadn't spotted James but the herd of Zebras getting bigger was indication that I was on the right track. The road got a little steep but I had mad driving skills and manoeuvered it like a pro.

I got to the bottom of the hill and it opened up to a large valley. I spotted James waving at me from the distance so I drove towards him. When he said that he had been working I thought that he meant there were people living down there and he was treating a cow or something. What I had not expected was a shirtless James pushing a wheelbarrow full of bricks and piling them on top of each other to make a stack. He was either not a real vet or the man was a jack of many trades. He had two other men with him dressed in Shukas as they helped him out.

I got out of the car not bothering to lock it and approached James who had abandoned his work to come talk to me. He was in red coveralls tied off at his waist and his chest was glistening with sweat. The veins on his arms were popping probably due to all the hard lifting and his dreads were tied off to the back away from his face. I was shamelessly checking him out and there was no need to hide it. There was no way he got to look like that and I was expected to be polite and look away.

The eight pack of abs he was donning might have been impressive for some females but I had a six pack myself. Who am I kidding? They were totally drool worthy.

"My towel offer still stands."I spoke up finally lifting my eyes off his torso to meet his eyes.

I was referencing to my first words to him and when he realized what I was talking about he smiled.

"Well I don't have one right now but maybe later when we leave this place."He flirted back and my eyebrows almost fell off in surprise.

If not for the shy smile that graced his lips after that statement I would have thought I was talking to another human being all together.