Thirty Four - Immortals

She felt as though she had left reality and was running through a computer programme, her strength was unimaginable, her stealth was unbeatable, no matter how far she ran she never ran out of breath. She held her yo-yo and watched it intrigued by its design, it was light, strong and shiny. After close inspection, she decided to just see it work, so she started to yo-yo and smiled as she picked it up straight away, it seemed to have length, so she held it in front of her and saw it go all the way to a lamppost at the end of the street, unsure of how to recoil it back, she gave it a tug and it soon pulled her to the lamppost. She gasped as she almost face planted it, but luckily she managed to halt herself right in front of it.

She looked around before testing her jumping ability, she managed to jump on to the roof of the shop she was in front of. She let out a laugh of surprise, she felt incredible. She giggled as she ran from roof top to rooftop, jumping and sliding around as she practiced her new abilities. She was soon stood on top of her school, she sighed having understood her new abilities. She thought for a second before thinking of something she really wanted to try. She was never good in gym class, but now, she wanted to see if she could do what she'd always wanted to be good at. She stood looking at the long stretch in front of her. She let out a deep exhale before charging and doing multiple front flips before spinning in the air and landing on her feet. She screeched as she landed it perfectly. She took a bow for her fake audience.

Marinette heard a this from behind her, and she quickly turned around and froze at what she saw. A man, dressed in a black latex suit, he had cat ears and a tail. She stood there frightened as the Manx walked over to her.

"I must admit, very... Cute. Hope you don't mind me, I was just cat-ching the show," he smirked and Marinette rolled her eyes at the comment.

"Ha ha, very funny," she faked.

"Ouch, you'll hurt a poor mans heart with that stone cold look." He retaliated.

"Think you could do any better?" She asked.

"Oh, I know I could."  He smirked, he held a talon and it extended as he held it out. "Why don't you take a seat, I'll show you how it's done." His talon extended even more and he went up with it until he was in the sky,  he balanced on it on one foot whilst he did a superman flying stance. He came back down with a satisfied smile looking at Marinette.

"Wow, I thought there'd be more to it," she hummed, in a bored tone.

"Let's see what you're made of." He replied and Marinette was soon running so she could jump off the roof of the school, she did three front flips through the air before landing perfectly on the floor. He copied her and stood next to her with a smile.

"Anything else?" He teased and Marinette felt her competitive side come out. She huffed before pulling out her yo-yo and wrapping it around a shop sign which she pulled on and it zoomed her up to the roof of the store, the man was right behind her so she ran and jumped over buildings, zooming through the air whilst the cat like man followed her. She let out a giggle as he almost misjudged his step and fell. They were at the Eiffel Tower now and she sighed realising it was dark out now.

"It has been a pleasure, but I must get going." She announced.

"Wait, what's your name?" He asked and Marinette thought a moment.

"Call me ladybug. And yours?" She replied.

"Cat Noir." He told her after a moment. "Nice to meet you, I'm sure we'll see each other again soon."

Marinette jumped down from the height she was at, she looked back and saw that Cat Noir had already gone. She looked around realising she didn't want to be caught sneaking into her house looking how she did, so she pulled herself up to the rooftops again and made her way to her roof top. She looked around again before announcing: "Tiki, spots off." Her body calmed as she was back into her usual clothes and tiki sighed as she slumped onto Marinette's shoulder.

"Do you have anything sweet? I'm soo tired." Tiki yawned and Marinette smiled as she went into her bedroom through the rooftop. She went to her desk and took a macaroon from the desk she had from earlier that day and tiki ate it sleepily.

"Are you okay?" She asked the creature.

"Yeah, I just needed to eat to regain my strength," Tikki explained before looking right as rain. "What did you think?"

"It was amazing..." Marinette smiled.

"Good, now, you should rest Marinette, it's been a long day."

"You're right about that," Marinette yawned before getting changed into her pjs and getting into bed to rest  after a long day.

(A/N: I know it was a short chapter but the next one's longer I promise).