Thirty Three: On My Way (Part Two)

Adrien got to the gates of his house, he pressed the call button to get someone to open the door. He bit his lip as he waited, knowing he'd get an ear-full once he got in, as school would have rang to ask about the absence. He would be stood in his dad's office, Natalie stood at the door watching as his father questioned him. He gulped and shifted his weight on to his right foot. The screen on the ringer lit up and Natalie's face was on the screen in no time. Adrien gave a small, shy smile and without a word, the gate buzzed and opened up. He nodded his head as a thank you to the screen before entering his house.

As he shut the door, he looked around knowing what was coming, and soon enough Natalie made her way down the stairs.

"Good evening, Adrien, how come you didn't get in the car after school, we waited twenty minutes and then figured you weren't coming." She questioned and Adrien, hiding his shock that school hadn't already gave Natalie the answer, spoke up.

"I'm sorry Natalie, I decided to walk Marinette home and completely forgot to inform you, it was selfish of me but I can only apologise." His head was down, knowing he was about to get told off for it.

"Hmm," Natalie sighed. "Just make sure you do inform us before, Marinette could have got a ride home."

"I will, we just fancied the walk... Once again, I'm sorry. Please tell my father that." Adrien scratched the back of his neck as he looked back up at Natalie.

"Your father has had to travel immediately to the New York, he told me to tell you he was uncertain of when he would be back, but he'll call you when he can." Natalie informed him, the blonde sighed and nodded.

"Thank you Natalie, I'll be up in my room, I have piano practice," Adrien told her as he started making his way up the grand staircase.

"Dinner will be at seven Adrien," Natalie informed him as he reached the top of the stairs. Adrien nodded down the stairs to her before disappearing into his room. Adrien set his bag on his sofa, sighing as he took off his shoes, after he put them away, he went over to his dresser deciding he didn't want to practice piano today, he pulled out a CD of piano instrumentals and put it in the stereo, turning it up until he was satisfied it would be the right volume. He put down the case and then something caught his eye.

A box, something wrapped in black paper, a green ribbon around it. Confused, he picked it up. No one came into his room. Not unless he was in there. He looked around seeing if his windows were open or anything. After realising they were closed, he took the box and sat on his bed. He found a gift tag which read:

Adrien, you have been chosen. Use wisely, handle with care.

He soon undid the ribbon, ripping the paper, he discarded it to the side of him as he stared at a wooden box, it had engravings he couldn't understand on it. He flipped open the box and there sat a smooth black ring. He furrowed his eyebrows as he held it up, looking at it. He slipped it on his finger, a green flash filled the room and he gulped closing his eyes. Moving his hand from his face, as he was dazzled by the light. He soon opened them again and gasped at what was in front of him. A black figure was floating in front of his face.

"I've been away for way too long!" A voice exclaimed and Adrien looked around worried, he quickly got up and locked his door. The creature watched him.

"W-what?" Adrien exclaimed.

"Plagg's the name and helping you is my game." The creature had a smug tone in its voice Adrien furrowed his eyebrows getting closer to look at the creature.

"Plagg is my cats name..." Adrien mumbled mainly to himself, Turku confused by the whole situation.

"Damn the fates must have been planning this for ages... Well, I'm a kwami, you have been chosen by the guardian of the miraculous to wield the power of the miraculous. Which is your ring, and me." Plagg smirked.

"Chosen?" Adrien repeated questionably. "Why me? What for?"

"You have been chosen by the guardian of the miraculous' to find the rest of us, many years ago, there are seven miraculous that have been stolen, so you and your partner must find the rest, to protect them from being in the wrong hands." Plagg explained.

"My partner?" Adrien questioned.

"Yes, the yin to your yang, your partner in crime. I must worth with another for the safety of others. I can't be used alone." Plagg told Adrien.

"I-I think you have the wrong person. I can't find these- these miraculous that you are talking about." Adrien ran a stressed hand through his hair.

"Meh, could do, but we don't know that yet. Why don't I tell you your new powers, it may change your mind." Plagg was inspecting his stub of a hand looking like he had heard this all before. Adrien nodded sitting in his sofa to hear Plagg out. "So, you'll have superhuman strength, stamina and vision whilst you are using the miraculous. You'll have a power called cataclysm which allows you to destroy whatever you touch. But this should be used wisely as you'll have a time limit on your abilities after that."

"Okay... And how do I activate my powers? Because I've not got any superhuman abilities right now." Adrien stated.

"You say claws out, and your abilities activate, to deactivate its claws in," Plagg stated, "But listen your identity must be a secret, as you never know who is looking for the miraculous."

"What about Marinette?" Adrien sighed.

"Mari-who?" Plagg scoffed.

"Marinette, she's the end of my string. I can't keep it from her..."

"The end of your string... Your soulmate?" Plagg said more to himself. "I'm sure it'll work out. Why don't we go out for a test drive. Understand the powers first hand," Plagg smirked looking at Adrien.

"Okay..." Adrien gulped and stood up. "Plagg, claws out!" There was a flash of green as plagg was dragged into the ring he came out of, Adrien was soon in a black latex suit, wearing cat ears, a mask and a tail. He touched the ears and they seemed glued to his head. He looked at himself in the mirror, in shock.

 He looked at himself in the mirror, in shock