Chapter 21

Safe...

"You would probably get curse, Keifer." Pang-aasar ko sa kaniya habang naglalakad kami.

"Well, you're right. I'm already cursed"

Nagulat ako. Nagbibiro lang naman ako sa sinabi ko. Is he serious?

"Keifer-"

"I'm already cursed because of you."

He walked near me and held my hands.

"Loving you is a cursed and there's no way i'm gonna find a solution to it. This is the curse that i will embrace in my whole life."

He smiled at me dahilan kung bakit mas lalo akong natameme. He's really doing his playboy tricks on me right now!

"Let's go home. I want to rest with you"

Hinigit na niya ako at sabay kaming naglakad pero hindi pa man nakakalayo ay binatukan ko siya. A hit on the head is what he deserves!

"What the?! Kiana! What was that for?!" Bulyaw niya habang hinihimas ang parte ng ulong binatukan ko.

"Tanga ka kasi!"

Nauna na akong maglakad habang siya ay nasa likod ko at nagrereklamo. Nakakahiya nga at may mga batang pinagtitinginan kami dahil sa ingay niya.

"Bukas ng hapon ay babalik tayo sa farm. I have to see some things in there. Is that okay with you?" He asked.

Nandito kami ngayon sa may bakuran ng bahay nila. Meron kasing duyan dito sa labas at dahil katatapos lang naming kumain ay naisipan naming dalawang magpahinga na muna rito.

Nasa kabilang banda siya ng duyan. I was staring at the night sky. Admiring its beauty like what i always do.

"Of course." Sagot ko ng hindi tumitingin sa kaniya.

The cold breeze made me shiver a bit, but it's all good. It made my hair moved away from my face.

"Baka may gusto kang gawin habang nandito tayo? You can always tell it to me, Kiana."

"I have nothing to do in here, Keifer. It's so nice in here. Kahit nakaupo lang ako ay narerelax na 'ko."

I turned to him and simply smiled.

"Thank you for bringing me here."

"There's no need to thank me, Kiana."

I shook my head.

I really am thankful to him. After all the hardworks, it is my first time to relax. It is my first time to leave everything behind and just think of nothing else.

For years, i've been thinking what future will be. What my future might be, but right now, i didn't feel the pressure of the future that awaits for me. I didn't feel the loud voices in my head saying that i have to prove something. All i can feel today is peace.

"You've known me for a year now, Kiefer. Naikwento ko na sayo ang buhay ko because there's nothing much to tell naman. You know all my struggles since i was a child and i don't rember telling you that i even got a single day of relaxation not until today."

I looked up at the sky and slightly smiled.

"After all the pagsusungit and mean things that i did to you, you always thinks the best of me. You always puts me first and you always worries about me."

"You're not mean to me, Kiana."

I didn't listen to him. I just let my thoughts to come out from my lips.