Chapter 68, That Very Revery

En başından başla

She'd caught a cold as I watched her intently on the patio. The way the rain wilted the volume in her hair made my heart warm.

I just hope from the bottom of my heart that she knows that I've never forgotten about her for one second.

I caught sight of Shiro from afar and quickly entered my house to avoid the pup. I know for a fact that he'll start making a lot of noise if he sights me. After all, it's been sometime since I last payed any attention to him.

Deliberately, I scan my house for some reason. Everything is tidy and neat like always, but it's more dull and gloomy. I ignore any other thought that makes me halt and quickly scurry off to my room.

I slid the door open and hopped in. My room was also tidy and neat, which I knew was mother's doing. I opened my closet and selected the item of clothes that I was going to wear.

I draped them over a chair, then hopped in the shower to wash off all the exhaustion from my body. I made sure to keep the shower curt and not time-consuming.

The hot shower didn't only refresh my body, but also soothed my senses as well. I grasped a white towel and wrapped it around my lower half.

In the mirror above the sink, I observed the wounds on my biceps and quickly tended to them.

After applying a soothing ointment to the wounds, I dried off my long hair that lengthened down to my waist. I tied it back in my signature low ponytail and headed out.

On the chair, my draped fit was placed there. I took a deep breath and pulled the clothes over my body. This was my new fit that I decided on after leaving the Anbu Black Ops.

I wore a black sleeveless turtleneck that clung to my body like a layer of skin. Black baggy pants to allow me a better field of swift movements. I took the fingerless gloves as well and slithered my arms through them. The length of the gloves only stopped at my biceps.

(A/N:- Check the pic above, I found it on Pinterest✨✨)

Two front strands of my hair came loose and framed my face as I put on my ninja shoes. I went to my closet again and began rummaging for my spare sword that I kept hidden.

When my fist clenched over the sheath of the sword, I rapidly whipped it out and secured it on my shoulder blades.

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and swallowed my fears down.

Tonight, I'll be taking a dangerous leap. I might be risking everything by doing this, but I'm not the only one risking and taking leaps here.

I hold out my wrist near my gaze and scrutinize it. This mark that we gave each other is a constant reminder that never makes us forget each other. Which is why we've taken risky leaps for each other.

If Hanabi is brave enough to take a leap for us, then it's only fair that I return the favor.

They are coming, protect Naruto.

I trust Hanabi, I always have. We might get our happy fairytale in the end, but life was never something that was meant to be easy.

This is a test. This test is to test our trust and affection for each other. If we can't overcome all these predicaments that have been thrown our way then we don't deserve each other. And so, I know for a fact that Hanabi is willingly giving it her all just as I am.

I head out of my room and my feet suddenly carry me to my parents' room. I guess I've subconsciously yearned for them, but didn't know how to let them in. As a result, I grab my mother's kimono that's draped on the bed and pull it close towards my face, where I fill my nostrils with her scent.