Twenty Six

//Mature Content Ahead//

Rosalie;

Draco stood in the doorway — eyes blazing with an unmissable rage as he clenched his fists into tight balls by his side. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Finleigh catch on to my staring and she whips her head towards him. My body has frozen completely into ice and I didn't know what to do, so I just stood and stared, praying that he wasn't going to react in a Draco-like way.

He reminds me a lot of my younger self.

In the past, I had to take medication for my sudden outburst at my mother. It took a toll on the both of us and she eventually made me to go therapy. And I wonder, maybe that's why I am the way I am today. Perhaps that's the true reason of my alcoholic behaviour.

Invisibly shaking my head, I stand and take cautious steps towards Draco, whom is clenching his jaw so hard, i'm afraid his teeth may shatter. My heart is pounding inside my chest.

Lazily from the intoxication, I tug onto his sleeve and urge him towards the boys dormitories. "Draco," I slur and he keeps his gaze on Finleigh. "Please, let's go upstairs so we can—"

Snapping out of it, Draco ignores my plead by brushing past me and marches towards Finleigh. "She's an ALCOHOLIC you fucking— you cunt! She was sober!"

Draco seizes her by the shoulders, pulling her closer towards him. Finleighs eyebrows went high on her forehead. She stood limply and stared at Draco in shock. She has no idea about my condition because I didn't tell her, but Draco wouldn't have known. I can't blame him for that. The only person I can blame it on is myself. It's always my fault.

With the strength I never knew I had whilst being drunk, I rushed by Draco side and grabbed his hand that was attached her her shoulder. Somehow, this calmed him — in an almost bizarre way as his head slowly looked down to my level.

"It wasn't Finleigh." I toss a glance at her, now with brows furrowed in confusion. "I took it from her and— and she didn't know. If she did, she wouldn't have offered." I explained.

The flicker in his eyes showed me that I captured his attention. "Do not talk to me," He protests weakly, grip loosening on her shoulders just before he pushed her backwards, causing her to tumble down onto the sofa. "You don't want to talk to me right now." His voice was low and full of rage.

My eyes stung with tears. "I tried — I really tried." He seemed frozen by my words, but I press on. "I couldn't ignore it when it was right in front of me. Please, Draco. You— you need to understand that I never wanted to do it."

I can hear his breaths becoming quick pants under my explanation. This was important to me, I needed to make him understand. I had a guess as to what he was thinking about — my broken promise. Startling me, he mutters apparate and I feel my stomach double over.

We land in Dracos dorm and, again, my head feels too heavy, my body too weak just as turned back towards me.

"But you did it anyways. You promised me you'd stop." He adds, ragged and ruined. His voice carried my betrayal.

My heart clenches inside my chest and ever single muscle tightens from his harsh words that stirred with me. My knees buckle, dropping out from underneath me, but I refuse to let myself fall.