Sixteen

//Mature Content Ahead//

Rosalie;

The remaining of the week passes rather rapidly, leaving this evening the night of the dreaded Christmas Ball. I have debated with myself whether or not I want to attend countless times, I just don't really see the point in going without a date, but in the end, Finleigh, Astoria and Pansy ultimately convinced me.

After what happened to Pansy last week with Mathias, we've been getting along much more and she's surprisingly a really sweet girl. When we are on good terms, she doesn't throw snarky comments at me, rather, she complements me. I've noticed she been a dressing much less provocatively after Mathias had — raped her, which I comply with. I was the same afterwards. Whenever I wasn't in need of wearing my school uniform, I would solely wear a sweater and sweats, covering as much of my body as possible. It was the only way I could make sure no boy found any interest in me.

Of course I'd love nothing more than to spend my time with them tonight, but they don't value my perspective of not having someone to attend the ball with. Before I was transferred here, almost every time there was a ball, a boy would ask me to go, but I would turn them down from being to nervous. The only time I've ever really been intimate with anyone — was Mathias. It makes me feel sick, knowing that his fingers took me. I know I'm technically still a virgin, but I still wanted to save it for someone special.

Around six o'clock, I rush up stairs, opening the door to our dorm and hearing the sounds of girls whispering. I step in, seeing Pansy, wearing a beautiful grey, shimmering gown with a pretty little white flower pinned into her curled hair. Astoria follows closely behind, wearing a beautiful, tight, fully black gown, and her half of hair is pinned up. Once I was just about to complement there stunning gowns and beauty, Finleigh bursts out of the bathroom, beginning to attack me with questions.

"Rosie, why aren't you dressed?!" She shouts, placing two of her hands on to my shoulder. I bite my bottom lip to keep myself from smiling at her, "We ought to be down there in less than an hour!" She squeezes my shoulder and begins to shake me back and fourth.

"Sorry, I was in the library and got caught up," I sigh, walking towards my wardrobe. "I'll get ready now." I reassure her.

Beginning to dig deep inside my closet for the black dress I had picked out last week, I feel Finleigh tap my shoulder.

"Um — Rosie?" She says from behind me.

"What's up?" I say, still scrummaging around in my closet.

"This came for you." She smiles, gesturing towards a beautifully decorated box with emerald green jewels around it.

I furrow my eyebrows together, taking hesitant steps towards it. I trail my fingers along the box before moving them down to unlock the hinges. Opening the box, I see a small note placed on top that is addressed to me. I pull back the note, finally revealing a stunning green gown with gold bling trailing it. I take it out of the box, placing it up to myself before hearing a few gasps come from the girls.

"Try it on!" Finleigh exclaims, pushing me towards the washroom.

Locking the door behind me, I begin peeling back my clothing, revealing myself fully naked in the mirror. I look up in my reflexion, seeing a complete wreck. My waist is nearly three inches thinner than it used to be, and my ribs are poking out of my chest. My cheek bones are more proximate than before and you can see my collar bone sticking out of me.

I am hideous.

I sigh to myself before stepping into the dress, slipping it around my body and pulling it over my shoulders. The gown fits too loosely, so I hold it to my chest with my hand.