Chapter 18

~Greys pov~

After our little 'adventure', we finally land in California. We have a 2 hour drive to get home. I look over every now and then to see Reggie writing in a journal.

" What you doing?". "Just writing.". I nod. If he wants me to see it, he'll show me later.

After 2 long hours of driving and hearing Luke,Alex and Carlos annoying Julie and I, we finally are home. We all head into the studio. Reggie kisses me on the forehead and says to us "I'll be back later.". "Wheres he going?". "His parents house.".

I went up into my room and started watching Outer Banks when I hear a knock on my door. Thinking it was one of the boys I said "Come in.". My door opened to reveal Ray.

"Go out." I say not even looking in his direction. "Greyson, I just want to apologize.". "Fine. You have 3 minutes because I don't even know if I can deal with you for that long.".

"Thank you. First off I got you a car-". My mouth fell. "What?". He nods. "I don't want material things. I just want a dad." I say. "I know and I failed to be one.".

"When Rose died, I didn't know what to do. Julie and Carlos were always sad, but you didn't seem sad. It made me angry in a way. I didn't like that everyone was sad and you were strong enough not to be. I started acting like a jerk to you. You acted strong so I didn't think I bothered you. If I would've known it would create this mess, I would have never said it." He says with tears in his eyes.

"I love you so much. Like my own daughter because you are my daughter. I know I said I didn't want you but when I first saw you, I wanted you to call me dad so badly. I guess I lost that title now. And about your dad, he was a great great man. He was brave enough to take care of 4 kids by himself while battling cancer. You're mom was dumb to leave you. And I. I was just terrible. Please forgive me?".

At this point we were both crying. I pull him into a hug. It feels so good to have my dad back. "Can I still keep the car?" I laugh. "Yes. You can.".

He got up and left. I just sat there with the biggest smile on my face. Then it hit me. How is Reggie visiting his parents? He's visible and can't poof.

As if on cue, Reggie walked in. "Can I borrow you and your guitar skills?". I laugh "Sure. Are we going in the studio or on the roof?". "Roof.". I smile and head up to the roof.

Once we're up there he looks at me "How are things with you and Ray?". I smile "They're good. Um. Where did you go earlier?". "My parents.". "Can they see you?" I ask trying not to pry. "No. I just hide in a bush. They'd freak out if their son who died decades ago came back. And didn't age." He laughs.

"Well what should I play?". "Im going to sing this to you and you come up with a melody.". I nod and he starts.

Come home early after class
Don't be hanging 'round the back of the schoolyard
I've been called up by a teacher
She says she can't even reach you 'cause you're so far
You've been talking with your fist

We didn't raise you up like this, now did we
There have been changes in this house
Things that you don't know about in this family

I start playing a melody.

It don't make sense, but nevertheless
You gotta believe us, it's all for the best
It don't make sense
The way things go
Son you should know