Chapter 16

~Reggie pov~

"Im fine. We don't have to talk about it.". She shakes her head and turns the lamp on. She puts her fingers under my chin and makes me look at her.

"Dont ever not tell me your problems. I know I have my problems, but I want to know whats going in with you. Don't ever put your walls up around me. I will always try to break them down." I smile at her. I can feel myself blushing like crazy. I just peck her lips.

"Okay." I took a deep breath. She squeezes my hand for encouragement. "When I was younger my parents never got along, but you already know that. I don't know I just never got peace and I guess it caused alot of stress and anxiety. Somethings just trigger it. In the dream it felt so real, like I was back there. I didn't  want to hear them argue again." I say as she wipes my tears away.

"Reg?". I hum in response. "Why do you blame yourself for them arguing?". I shrug. "I don't know. I just thought they'd be happier if they didn't have a kid to worry about. I mean I was a mistake anyway. They might has well put me up for ado-" I stop myself. Im an idiot. I mentally slap myself.

"I am so so sorry. I didn't even realize what I was saying until I said i-". I'm cut of with her finger over my lips. It would've been better if it was her lips and not her finger, but I'm still glad it's her. "Reg. Its okay. I know what you mean. Don't apologize for your feelings." She chuckles. "Anyway. Reginald Peters. You are not a mistake. You are here for a reason. Okay? You might not have been planned, but your here now. And im so glad you are.".

I smile. "And im so lucky that you ended up here. With me. With us." I say as I get out of bed and pick up my guitar. She gives me a confused look.

"I know Luke is the one who writes songs, but I write some too. I wanted to show you this.".

~Greys pov~

Im so happy Reggie wants to show me one of his songs. Sure we wrote songs together, but this is one he wrote by himself. He starts singing with his angel voice.

Nothing wakes you up like waking up alone
And all that's left of us is a cupboard full of clothes
The day you walked away and took the higher ground
Was the day that I became the man that I am now

But these high walls, they came up short
Now I stand taller than them all
These high walls never broke my soul, and I
I watched them all come falling down
I watched them all come falling down for you
For you

I smile knowing he wrote this song before out little talk about his feelings. Which means he is letting his walls down around me.

Nothing makes you hurt like hurtin' who you love (hurting who you love)
And no amount of words will ever be enough (never be enough)
I looked you in the eyes, saw that I was lost (saw that I was lost)
For every question "why", you were my "because" (you were my "because")

But these high walls, they came up short
Now I stand taller than them all
These high walls never broke my soul, and I
I watched them all come falling down
I watched them all come falling down for you
Falling down for you

So this one is a thank you for what you did to me

My boyfriend is so talented I can't stand it. My smile just grows bigger and bigger.

Why is it that 'thank you's' are so often bittersweet
I just hope I see you one day and you'll say to me, "Oh, oh

"Oh, oh" I harmonize making him smile.

But these high walls, they came up short
Now I stand taller than them all
These high walls never broke my soul, and I
I watched them all come falling down
I watched them all come falling down for you
Falling down for you

Nothing wakes you up like waking up alone

"Wow Reggie. That was....". I was lost for words. I didn't know what to say "Well amazing, awesome, prefect is all an understatement". He chuckles at my awe state. "Who's it about?" I ask.

(A/n: her face looked like this 🤩🤩I just don't know how to explain that.....so yah)

"Oh you know. Luke.". I scoff. " I thought we had something." I say fake crying. "Nah. I'm just kidding. It's about this really amazing girl that somehow broke down the walls I had built.". "She sounds amazing." I say chuckling. "That and she's REALLY hot.". I blush so deep I turn away.

I go to turn the lamp of so he can't see me blushing, but Reggie grabs me and pulls me back before I can get the lamp off. He looks at me which makes me blush even harder. I look away trying not to blush anymore. But Reggie had a different idea. He puts his finger under my chin and makes me look at him. "You're cute when you blush.". If its even possible, I blush more. Reggie laughs and reaches over me to turn the lamp off.

Finally. Now only if that lamp was off 1 minute ago. "We should get some sleep. Goodnight princess.". "What do you mean princess. I'm a whole Queen." I giggle. "Yes you are.". "Goodnight Reg. ". I say as he goes to his bed.

°•°☆°○°☆°•°☆°•°☆°•°☆°•°☆°•°☆°•°☆°•°

A/n:
Luv you 💓
Xoxo me 😊