𝟔𝟑 - 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Hm" I hummed. What just happened?

With a sigh, I swung my legs over the bed and slowly, eventually, waddled over to the door.

Walking, at nine months pregnant was a feat of its own and in the dark, confused and worried about your husband who had just stormed out the room, that was even more of a challenge.

I creaked the previously slammed door back open and peeked round into the living area.

Anakin sat on the arms of one of the rounded couches in the centre of the room, staring out onto the veranda. Mind in another world.

He didn't hear me come up beside him. "What's going on?" I whispered, hands crossed over my chest as I stood a few feet away.

He refused to look at me, keeping his gaze out onto the Coruscant night. "Nothing" he replied bluntly.

"Oh? nothing? well why didn't you say? I'll go back to bed then" I threw my hands in the air, rolling my eyes "NO. Anakin, talk to me. Don't shut me out"

He inhaled sharply and then finally turned to face me with his exhale. His pent up anger melted away when he looked at me and instead sadness took its place.

I offered him a smile for him to speak.

"It was a dream"

I took a step closer.

"You...you were in so much pain" his head dropped to his chest and forehead creased as the images replayed in his head

I knew there was more "tell me" I breathed, taking another step, letting my hand rest on his shoulder.

...

"You die in childbirth"

He watched for my reaction, but the one he was expecting, never arrived.

I looked to the floor, nodding. His eyes stayed locked on me, surveying for any emotion to signal I was about to break down in sobs, but instead, I moved to stand in front of him.

I nestled myself between his legs and took hold of his hand.

I watched his face as he looked down at the hand I had placed over my bump.

"They're kicking" I smiled.

I guided his hand over my stomach and finally, a small smile escaped at his lips when a nudge from the baby met his palm.

"It was only a dream" My free hand moved to my his cheek as I finally addressed his nightmare.

"It's never only a dream" he uttered, pain creeping back into his tone.

"Anakin" I spoke seriously now "look at me"

He was reluctant, but his blue orbs met mine, the white in his eyes was slightly stained red from the stress but that glimmer that always shone straight into my soul was still intact.

"Someday soon" I started, placing my hand on top of his on my stomach "We are going to stand out here, just like this, at some ungodly hour most likely and you know what Anakin?"

He nodded, urging me to continue "what?"

"We are going to have a little baby" My eyes stayed glued to his "and we are going to be laughing about how little sleep we're getting. And you're going to be holding them in you're arms whilst I smile at you two until my cheeks are burning. And we will all be happy. People might have left you in your past, but not me. No. Like you said before, you're stuck with me forever Skywalker. Okay?"

He took a few seconds, his shoulders dropped as he exhaled. The eye contact was unnerving yet I couldn't seem to want to break myself free from those eyes. He looked at me like he was admiring a painting, analysing its every brush stroke and each colour detail. He smiled.