we're driving fast in my car

Everything seems to happen in slow motion. Hope slightly shakes the unconscious Josie in her arms, hoping she'd wake up, but to no avail. She drags her body backstage, while at the same time Lizzie and MG come to the front, apologizing to the crowd and making up an excuse that sounds incoherent due to how loud her heart was beating.

Once the rest of the band snap out of their shocked daze, they all rush to help aid Hope with Josie's limp body. Landon helps Hope carry Josie to the couch they were on prior, while Kaleb scurries around to find bottled water, and Raf tries to find someone who can help them.

Eventually, Lizzie and MG return, the blonde immediately rushing to Josie's side. It's been about ten minutes since the incident and she has yet to show any signs of life, aside from the faint breathing shown by the rise and fall of her chest.

Thankfully, Kaleb returns with a few bottles of water, handing one out to each of the members and saving one for Josie. Rafael however, returns with no one, explaining how the club didn't have any medical staff for situations like these.

"How did the manager react?" Hope asks Lizzie once all of them are settled in the backroom.

"Surprisingly well, he was really concerned." Out of all the members, Josie was probably his favorite, seeing as she was the nicest and they had actually had a few conversations prior to getting the gig. The blonde tries to be calm, but judging by her shaky voice, she was anything but. MG rubs soothing circles on her back, trying to reassure her that everything was going to be fine.

All Hope can do is nod. She can feel Landon wrap his arms around her shoulders as a sort of gesture to comfort her, but she simply shrugs it off. She paces around in circles, and every once in a while her eyes travel to the unconscious brunette laying on the couch. Lizzie and MG are sharing the other couch in the room, while the rest of them, excluding Hope, are leaning against the wall.

Silence.

The only noise in the room is the faint sound of the AC running. Due to that, the room is cold and Hope feels it being empty, despite the amount of people in the confined space.

After what feels years but is probably only a few minutes, Josie starts to stir, and soon enough her eyes are fluttering open. At the same time, everyone in the room releases a sigh of relief, particularly Hope, but no one else seems to notice except for Lizzie.

The brunette tries to get up a little too quickly, which results in her instantly laying back down from being too dizzy. "What happened?" She asks groggily while rubbing her head.

Hope is the first to speak up. "You passed out on stage. We brought you here right after."

Josie stays silent at first, processing all of the information in her brain, her memories of the events prior to the incident returning, before murmuring a soft, "Oh."

Kaleb offers her water, and Josie takes it before greedily gulping the whole thing within a few minutes. She begins to feel slightly better after that, but the whole room is still looking at her with concerned and worried faces, Hope's sticking out amongst all of them.