addicted to the filters to impress you all

Last night ...

All last night Josie couldn't stop worrying about her songbook. She kept pacing around the garage, texting the groupchat. Barely anyone responded to the text, anxiety and stress entered her body, and made themselves feel at home.

Present time...

Josie walked past the school doors and quickly made her way to a specific locker. She saw a figure standing next to the locker. Just the person she was looking for.

"Do you have it?" Josie leaned her back against a different locker.

"Have what exactly?" It was Hope, her locker was slightly open.

Josie stood up, and turned to Hope, her arms crossed and looking slightly down. "A notebook of mine." Hope closed her locker and faced the brunette.

"A notebook?" Hope was now leaning against her own locker. Her eyebrow slightly raised. Josie brought her bottom lip between her teeth, slightly staring at Hope. She shook off her thoughts and tried to get back on topic.

"A songbook, but it's a very private thing of mine, so do you?" Josie was now getting impatient, her stomach twisting at the thought of someone reading her very private words.

"Sorry Josie but, I don't have it." Josie lets out a frustrated sigh and Hope thinks to herself before speaking again. "Why would you think I-"

"Josie!" A familiar voice came behind them. Cutting off whatever Hope was gonna say. Josie immediately turned around to see it was Raf coming up to them.

"Raf, Hi." She tensed up, he quickly walked up to her and grabbed his backpack. He pulled out a notebook that had a worn out black leather cover, with the name Josie stitched on the top left. "I found this in my backpack this morning, I don't know how it got there."

Josie quickly took the notebook out of Rafael's hands and skimmed past the pages making sure nothing was ruined. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. "Thanks Raf," She was about to turn away but stopped. "You didn't read any of the pages did you?"

"Uh," He scratched the back of his head. "I accidentally read a title." Josie's eyes widened and Rafael gulped visibly.

"That's all I swear, I closed it immediately realizing what it was, and that was before I saw your name on the top." Rafael put his hands up in surrender

Josie just rubbed her forehead and nodded, he quickly left before he actually got yelled at. Josie turns back to Hope who seems to be smiling at her phone. Josie doesn't wanna bother her so she puts her songbook into her bag and starts walking away. A couple seconds later a hand grabs onto Josie's arm.

"Hey wait." Hope still had her hand on Josie's hand, she realized and quickly took it off, leaving a hot lingering touch. Josie turns around not realizing how close the auburn haired girl is. The brunette immediately takes a couple steps back. "I wanted to ask if you wanted to get lunch with me today." Hope was rocking back and forth in her feet.