at least i look cool

"Hey Josie have you seen-" Lizzie unexpectedly busted through the door, making Hope stumble backwards almost falling off the bed. Josie's head was spinning, did she almost actually try to kiss her, and did Hope feel the same way? She couldn't meet Hope in the eye. "Oh, you were busy, sorry." Lizzie said just above a whisper.

Hope didn't say anything; she just stood by the edge of the bed opposite from Josie, discretely wiping her hands from the oncoming sweat. None of them say anything both Hope and Josie feel embarrassed and a huge awkward tension surrounds the air. Josie looks at the ground putting her soft bottom lip in between her teeth. The sound of silence was disrupted by the loud ring coming from Hope's pocket.

"Hello?" A small crack in her voice so she quickly cleared it away. "Yeah, okay." She ended the call and let out a big breath. Had she regretted leaning in, she has to, she's going on a date with Landon. Josie is still standing shyly with her head still down.

"My aunt's here, uh I should go." She quickly looked up to Josie but Josie couldn't make eye contact, Hope was... upset? Hope struggled to walk out the room. "I-I'll see you tomorrow." Hope tried hard not to stumble on her words, she bit down on her tongue noticing Josie finally decided to look up, Lizzie is switching looks from between the two. Josie just nods and gives her a small but comforting smile. Lizzie moves out of the doorway so Hope could quickly walk out. Lizzie slightly followed Hope to make sure she was absolutely gone, then walked back into her twin's room and shut the door.

"What was that about?" Lizzie raised an eyebrow at her twin. Josie presses her lips into a white thin line and  just shrugged.

"Nothing" Her voice coming out a bit higher than expected. Her eyes panicked at the sudden high pitched voice. She gulped in hope that her lie worked.

It didn't.

"That wasn't just nothing, you're lying through your teeth." Lizzie now has her arms crossed and scoffed. "You're not telling me something, so spill." It seemed that she was on thin ice, and Josie had no other choice than to tell her sister the one secret that's been nagging at her for... weeks? days?

Josie internally groaned, if that's even a thing which led her to let out a huge sigh. "Fine, you wanna know what happened." She throws her hands up then pinches the bridge of her nose. "I think..." Her heart starts beating faster from the thought of the recent memory that happened not ten minutes ago. She is so convinced her brain fucked with her, and convinced her almost kissing Hope was a good idea when Hope was gonna go on a date with her best friend.

" I think I like her," She blurred out but rushed to save her sentence. "I'm trying really hard not to, but I cant and she's going out with Landon on saturd-"

Lizzie was not amused by the last part.