12

You called in sick at work the next day. You kept Maya back from school, you didn't exactly want to leave her someone you couldn't see her.

You didn't know what to do. As cheesy as it may sound, your heart told you that Elijah was your friend, but your mind and motherly instincts told you to keep Maya safe.

You were conflicted and scared. What the hell were you supposed to do. Maya was in your lap, sleeping as you held her close to you. She was really the only thing keeping you calm at the moment.

There was a knock on the door and you looked over quickly. You were so lent before you called, "Who's there?"

When Elijah's voice didn't come, you didn't know how you felt about it. We're you relieved? Or maybe you felt a little bad about it.

You hadn't talked to your soulmate last night. You were scared because of the possibility that he was Elijah. But you did hear the journal going off last night as a few messages popped up. The notes were concerned about you since you weren't answering.

You really didn't know what to do.

"Y/N, it's Jake. I wanted to apologize for yesterday," he said through the door. You sighed and set Maya to the side slowly.

You got to the door and opened it. You looked up at the man at the door, "Yes?"

"I'm really sorry. I didn't know he didn't have your permission," he said, tilting his head to the side. You nodded slowly, "It's fine. Is that a-"

You were cut off when he said, "But I'm not sorry about this." His hand covered your mouth and his mouth came to your neck, biting down hard. You could feel him sucking blood from your body.

You struggled to no use, he was stronger than you. As you lost blood, you became dizzy. Your grasp on the world loosened and you fell unconscious.

____

You woke up in a strange place. There was a pain in your neck and you went to touch it but your hands were bound behind you.

You opened your eyes and looked around frantically, wincing at the pain. "Hello? Maya?" You called.

"Mama!" She called.

You looked around even more, scared for her. "Maya, where are you?"

"Mama!" She called again, tears in her voice. She was terrified.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be okay," you told her, "Don't be scared."

"Oh, no, she should be plenty scared," Jake walked up to you, coming out of some other room. "What are you? Let her go!"

Jake chuckled deeply, "No, not yet. Your little friend killed mine. I'm going to return the favor."

"Don't you touch her!" You yelled at him, moving to get closer to him. There was a growl in your voice as you spoke to him.

"I'm not going to touch her...maybe. She's here for reassurance that you cooperate. No, I'm going to kill you, very slowly," he said.

You swallowed hard, "Please, don't."

"It's either you or her, sweetheart," he told you.

You gulped, "Leave her alone."

He smiled, "That's good." He hung your head low, scared as you let your tears fall to your lap. You winced again at this pain in your neck.