A knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts, looking up to see Derek stood in the doorway. She sighed softly and beckoned for him to come in.

"Close the door behind you," she said with a raised eyebrow, "What can I do for you?"

"So, is this what you couldn't tell me yesterday?" He asked with a soft chuckle, leaning with one hand against the back of the chair opposite her desk.

"This is absolutely what I couldn't tell you yesterday," she said with a soft laugh, standing up and walking around the desk, her arms crossed over her chest, "this is why it's a bad idea for you to get involved with me, in any capacity, or well, one of the reasons."

"Maybe you should give me the other reasons, and I'll decide whether it's a bad idea or not," he suggested, raising an eyebrow at her, "you make it sound like you have secrets to hide, Dr Grey."

"Everyone has secrets to hide, Dr Shepherd," she said with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes, "shouldn't you be getting to work?"

"I still owe you a drink, Dr Grey. Maybe we can discuss this further then," he suggested, moving to stand closer to her.

"I'll think about it," she murmured softly, feeling her breath catch a moment as he stood closer to her.

"You look good in that dress, by the way, definitely a good choice," he said in a quiet voice, standing in front of her now with his lips close to her ear, almost touching her neck, his hand pressed forward against the desk beside her.

"Watch yourself, Dr Shepherd," she warned in a quiet voice.

"You're different here, not a bad different, but different."

"We're in a professional environment, Dr Shepherd, and I'm your boss for the foreseeable future. This isn't appropriate."

"Isn't this just a temporary thing? You'll only be my boss for a couple of weeks. Makes this whole thing more exciting."

"You like to live dangerously?" She raised an eyebrow, amused.

"I would for you."

"You don't even know me," she scoffed.

"I'd like to."

His fingertips brushed along her jawline and she fought the urge to catch his lips with her own, to throw all sense and logic out the window. Her hand gently brushed over his upper arm a moment, before she pushed herself forward, her body pressing against his for a split second before she moved away from him.

"You're killing me here, Dr Grey," he said, running his fingers through his hair with a soft chuckle as she walked over to the window.

"Maybe a cold shower will help your troubles?" She said, turning to face him with a smirk, "Now, you have a department to run and I have meetings to get to."

"I guess I'll just have to try again later on," he said, turning to leave the room but pausing at the door and turning back to her again, "Come and find me if you change your mind."

She laughed softly and shook her head, going to sit in the chair at the desk again and opening up her laptop as he left the room. She opened up her schedule for the day, sighing softly at the amount of things on her to do list. She was going to be turning down a lot of consults over the next two weeks and her travel would have to come to a stop. She wondered why she'd even agreed to do this in the first place.

****

"Are you going to do anything about that?"

The voice of her best friend pulled her out of her thoughts and she looked to see Cristina raising an eyebrow at her.