"Oh they will get over it, JJ will find someone else." My mother said sipping her beverage.

"Crank up the suction."

"What was that?" I asked.

"Oh that's just the doctors trying to save you I suppose." My mother said like it was nothing.

"Mom..nunna...Serg, as much as I would love to spend time with you all...I have people who need me, I can't give up on them again. I-I have a family, a daughter and a soon to be wife...I can't lose them." I said getting up from the table.

"Emilia you're making a mistake!" My mother raised her voice.

"No..no mom I'm making things right." I said as I walked out the door. A bright light devouring me.

JJ's POV:

I sat in the waiting room with the team, as a doctor in bloody scrubs walked up to us.

"Is she okay?" Everyone seemed to say at the same time.

"She's out of surgery, it took all her strength but she came back to us, she'll be sore for a good week or two so she needs plenty of rest. She can have visitors in an hour." He said before leaving.

We all let out huge breaths of air at the news.
I sat back down in my chair, just as Garcia came in.

"Hi...this little bean missed her momma." She said handing me the carrier with Lily inside it.

"Hey sweet girl, momma is feeling sick right now but we are going to see her in a little bit okay?" I whispered to her as tears formed in my eyes.

*1 hour later*

"It's times you can see her now." A nurse came up to us and spoke.

We all hopped up, I grabbed Lily and we made our way to Emily's room.

"Hi." She breathed out as we walked in.

"Hey." I said back.

"How are you feeling?" Spencer asked.

"Like I just got impaled again." She chuckled.

"Hey what did we talk about masking your feelings with humor?" Penelope said sternly.

"Sorry Pen, but I promise you guys I'm really fine." She smiled. "Now can I see my daughter?" She extended her arms for Lily.

"She's been whining all day so if she keeps crying whi-" Penelope soon shut up as Lily's cries stopped once she was in Emily's arms.

"Momma's girl." I rolled my eyes.

"It's not my fault she loves me." Emily smiled.

"We'll give you two some time." Hotch suggested looking at the others who seemed to catch on.

"So how are you...really?" I asked sitting beside Emily.

"I mean my own father just tried to kill me, he murdered my mother, was going to harm my child if I didn't tell the love of my life I wasn't in love with her anymore, just because he wanted to actually be a father again." She said in one breath.

"Em I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me about it instead of running?" I asked sadly.

"I didn't want to put anyone else in danger wether that being you, or Lily, or the team. I would've taken it all instead of seeing any of you get hurt." She said back.

"And that's exactly what you did...but I could've lost you..promise me that you'll be more careful Emily." I said in tears.

"I will." She said back.

"Emily...that's not what I asked." I said back.

"Well what do you want me to say Jennifer do you want me to promise to just sit back now instead of trying to keep you and Lily safe?" She said back angrily.

"No I want you to ask for our help instead of always putting yourself in danger, always taking the blow to keep everyone else safe. We have an amazing team and if anyone tries to hurt us we catch them am I right?" I said back.

She didn't say anything, she just stared out the window silent.

"I died on the operation table." She said breaking the silence.

"W-What?" I choked.

"I died or something, I saw my mom and my grandma, and Sergio. They said if I ate the food I would "join them" but if I left I would come back to y'all. I wanted to eat, I wanted to give up thinking life would be better for all of you without me, but I didn't because you are my family now, and I still have to be there, for when Lily starts kindergarten, or gets her first boyfriend, or experienced heart break for the first time, or for when she graduates.
I have to be there for you too, because as god as my witness I'm not leaving you again!" She said back.

"I love you!" I said with tears in my eyes.

"I love you too forever."

"And always."

A/N: hey y'all look how nice I am by updating quickly lmao i write when I'm sad and rn i am because your girl got in a relationship and then got broken up with, then we got back together last night and now we just broke up again so that's nice😃👍🏻

Anyways hope your enjoying!

word count: 1,433