CHAPTER 20: An imminent separation.

Start from the beginning

"You seem to know what you are talking about."

"Because I do."

"Perhaps, could you actu-" Mubaek caught her eye but he didn't continue his sentence. He wondered if the reason she knew that much about kingdom could be because she was herself the leader of one but it didn't seem logical to him. If she was, Arthdal would have known about it, there was no way she could have hidden a kingdom from the eyes of the city.  "No, nothing, forget that," he continued, going back to his reflection. 

Enoria didn't comment on that but she knew that if someone was to find out about what she was hiding and who she was hiding, Mubaek would probably be that person.

"Tanya cursed Yangcha and I yesterday," she said, forcing the warrior to interrupt his thoughts.

"What? What for?"

"She thinks we'll be good allies for what she wants."

"And what does she want?"

"She wants to change the way things work in Arthdal."

Saya took a look over his shoulder, he noticed the two warriors talking and he wondered what was the subject of the discussion he couldn't hear. He remembered the conversation Mubaek had had with the High Priestess and he wondered once again what he meant that time by calling him "the mirror" and who the bell and the sword he had mentioned could be. The fact the warrior had said he had recognized his face easily was also bothering him. There was no way he could have recognized his face when they had met for the first time only a few weeks ago.

"Why are you telling me that?" Mubaek asked.

"Because that's what you want too, isn't it? That's why you told her about the prophecy, didn't you?"

"How do you-"

"Tanya told me. I, too, think it's logical if she is the bell to 'echo throughout the world', but I have difficulties imagining what Saya's role could be there. I don't see how he could be the mirror, I don't see him 'illuminating the world' as the prophecy says, and I am afraid if he is the sword he will, literally, 'slay the world'. "

Mubaek knew she was on bad terms with Saya but his role in the prophecy wasn't what bothered him. He was more worried about a point he didn't understand yet. He knew Eunseom was an Igutu, he  had seen his blood when he had helped him escape from the other Daekans after Sanung's death, meaning Yangcha knew as well since he had fought against him too. And if Saya and Eunseom were truly twins, Saya was an Igutu too which made him wonder how and why Tagon had ended up with an adoptive Igutu son. He had the feeling Enoria knew things he didn't and he hoped she could help him understand the things that were confusing him.

"If the two are truly twins, it means Saya too is lik- "

Mubaek didn't have the time to question her more, they were interrupted by a woman who blocked the way of the procession. She announced herself as a shaman of the Bato tribe. She called out Tagon, cursing him in the name of the hunting god Mihaje for having killed the head of her tribe and the elders. Immediately, Mugwang and Gitoha, threatening, stepped towards her to make her move out of the way but they were stopped by Tagon. 

He looked discreetly at Enoria who shook her head to inform him it wasn't her doing, it wasn't a part of what they had planned. She quickly glanced at one of her people in the crowd, gesturing him to intervene in favor of Tagon and the silent order was quick to be executed.

"How dare you cursing Tagon Niruha after what he had done for us?" the man asked.

"Tagon Niruha did what he did to protect us!"a woman added.