Chapter 24

Ash appeared in the hotel lobby right in front of an unexpecting brunette. "EEEEKKK" He heard right in his ear. He turned to see May grabbing her chest. "Since when do you teleport?" She screamed. "Oh, just something I picked up." Was his smart reply. "Well, I was looking for you anyways." She said grabbing his arm. "Follow me." She said dragging him out the doors while blushing. 

She lead them along the streets talking about her life since he had left. She brought them to a bench where they sat down. "Ash, I'm really glad your back. I was so scared when I heard you left. I figured it was my fault for leaving so soon after the funeral. I looked for you for 3 months until my parents made me stop. I almost couldn't live with the regret." She said looking down, her eyes tearing up. Ash pulled her closer to him in a hug. "Hey, its not your fault. It was those filthy bastards that you called your parents." He said in a comforting tone. He suddenly snapped his fingers. "Hey, how about we get ice-cream." He said standing up knowing how much the brunette liked the frozen treat. "Really?!" She asked to which he nodded.

As they  walked down the streets Ash noticed everyone pointing at him and whispering to each other. "Is that Ash Ketchum?" "Didn't he disappear years ago?" "I saw on the news he's the one who stopped the attack." Were amongst the many voices. Ash got fed up with it and flicked his sweatshirt hood up to hide some of his face. 

May looked at Ash concerned. "Are you okay?" She asked quietly. "Yeah, just not used to this much human interaction." Was his reply as he looked around and scanned the perimeter, something he did when he was nervous. He estimated the amount of people, the area itself, the cover, and if there was any shady characters.

They finally made it to the ice-cream parlor and they got in line. When it was finally there turn Ash ordered. "One Chocolate cone and one Vanilla cone." Was his order, and when they came he gave the chocolate one to May and kept the Vanilla for himself. As they walked along the streets eating ice cream Ash decided to show May his pokemon.

He brought her to the clearing he all but lived in on this trip and released his pokemon. All of them that knew May, waved. While the rest just stared at her, wondering what she was doing with their trainer. "Everybody, this is my old friend May, those of you that don't know of course." May smiled at them but felt her heart drop when she heard Ash say "friend" for some reason. Charizard walked over to May and stuck his fist out for a fist bump. May smiled and  punched it.

She then thought of something, she released all of her pokemon so that they could catch up. As Glaceon was released she looked around at her surroundings and as soon as She saw Pikachu her eyes opened wide and she sprinted at him. Pikachu saw this coming and tried to move out of the way but wasn't fast enough. The ice eevee evolution grabbed onto Pikachu and hugged him. She was then shocked by a deadpanning Pikachu who didn't like being touched when he didn't want to be touched.

Ash laughed at Glaceon's hair which was sticking straight up. Annoyed the ice pokemon shot a light ice beam at Ah, which he simply reflected with his hand that was glowing blue, and it hit the already beaten up ground. 

As the pokemon played around, conversing in their own language Ash sat down, leaning against a tree. May sat down next to him, leaning on the same tree. "Well..." Ash tried to start, but he wasn't used to this. "Well... what was the meeting about?" She asked. "Oh, we just talked about the attack and when to start the tournament again. Also, Cynthia, Steven and Lance are the only ones out of all the elite four and Champions left in the tournament." Ash answered, adding on the last part thinking that May would find it interesting. 

"Really!?" She asked looking shocked. "I guess you have quite the challenge ahead of you." She said with a smirk on her face. "Oh, so you don't believe in me? Wow what a friend you are, I guess I'll just leave now. And after all I've done for you these past weeks." Ash said sarcastically shaking his head and standing up and starting to walk away. "Wait!" He heard behind him as he kept walking, that is, until he got tackled from behind.