Taking it to the next level

{Previously on love comes in mysterious ways, after the akuma attack, Ladybug decided to take Adrien home. But after she went away, Adrien looked at his hand and he didn't see his miraculous, he thought he left it at the last place he had it on before he was akuamtized, so he go inside and look for his ring. As for Marinette, she set Plagg free to go back to Adrien, hopefully Cat Noir will show up again. Then out of the blue, Luka arrived. What does he want? Let's see what happens.}

Chapter 18: Taking it to the next level

Outside of Marinette's house, Marinette and Luka talk for a bit.
Marinette: So... what's up?
Luka: Listen... I know since you came back from your trip, Adrien rejecting you, and you telling me what's been on your mind.
Marinette: I see what you mean. And it is hard to move past all of what's been going on. And... not sure if you want to help out on this.
Luka: Hey, don't overthink this one. *He hold her hands and look at her.* You can take your time to think about this. And there's one more thing I want to ask you. And you can totally say no.
Marinette: What?
Luka: Well... *He look away and blush too, he look at Marinette.* Would you be my girlfriend? *Marinette gasped and she blushed too.*

In Adrien's room, Plagg managed to go back to Adrien.
Adrien: I don't know why you did that, but don't do it again.
Plagg: I maybe did something stupid, but at least I'm smart enough to come up with a way to save you. If it wasn't for me, Ladybug would've been done for. *Adrien sighed.*
Adrien: You're right. I'm sorry.
Plagg: It's fine. Just try not to get akumatize again.
Adrien: I'll try not to. It's just that... ugh! Stuff irks me so much!
Plagg: Calm down before you blow a gasket and get akumatize again.
Adrien: You're right, you're right. I gotta talk to someone. *He get his phone out and make a phone call.*

Back at Marinette's house, Marinette is still lost from Luka's question.
Luka: Marinette? Marinette?
Marinette: Huh? *She snapped out of it.* Huh, what? What did you say?
Luka: I sad would you be my girlfriend?
Marinette: Luka... *She remove her hands from his hands.* As much as I want to, but... my life is more complicated than others. How can I be destined to stop Hawkmoth and being guardian of the remaining miraculous that's left... I don't think I'll ever have the time for that step yet.
Luka: So it's a no?
Marinette: No. It's more of a "think about it". I'll think about that and I'll let you know if I would accept it or not. Get what I'm saying?
Luka: I get it.
Marinette: Thank you. I gotta go back inside before my dad find out how long we been out here.
Luka: Okay. See you later?
Marinette: Yeah. *She go back inside and Luka sighed and he head home.*
Tom: What did Luka talked about?
Marinette: Nothing important. He just asked me to be his girlfriend.
Sabine and Tom: What!?
Sabine: That's a good thing. Right?
Marinette: I don't know. What should I do?
Sabine: Well, you should follow what your heart wants. If you want Luka to be your boyfriend, then it's fine with us.
Marinette: You sure?
Tom: Of course. We met him and he seems like a nice boy.
Marinette: Okay. I'll think about it. (I hope I can say yes before it's too late.)