66|Recurrence🎲

continuing from last chapter:

I got out and checked the front.

What I saw made me gag.

My hand immediately flew to my mouth.

Shit.

...

66| Recurrence

Chaeyoung's POV

Blood slid down the front of the car, from what looked like an animal carcass. The mess fell to the ground with a soft thud.

Was it a deer that ran into the car?

Jungkook and Jimin got out to check the car, as Lisa and I followed.

"Is that...an arm?" Lisa blurted out, her hand shutting her mouth in shock as she reached the front of the car.

As I caught a slight glimpse of it, my eyes grew wide open as I realised it wasn't an animal carcass, but a human forearm.

I took a step toward the front of the car when Jimin stopped me, grabbing my hand. He shook his head, asking me to not go any further.

I put my hand on his. "I'll be fine, Jimin ah." He let go as I walked to the front of the car.

As I got a good look at the mess, my breath started to get shallower and my head felt heavy.

It was indeed a human forearm that was blackened, and some fingers were missing. Then I spotted a black ring on the pointer finger, and red nail polish on the nails.

"That's....that's...." I started to stammer. The words didn't come out of my mouth. I shook my head vigorously as I fell to the ground.

"Chaeyoung ah!" Jimin ran over to help me up.

He examined the carcass again, and turned around worried.

He held my shoulders.

"Is that... Ah Rah's arm?" He asked, but I couldn't respond from the shock.

He held my face in his palms as I staretd to hyperventilate.

"Chaeyoung ah..." his voice made tears run down my face. He caressed my face, calming me down.

I slowly nodded my head, as tears ran down my face.

It was Ah Rah's hand.

Lisa gasped in disbelief. "I thought she died in the fire at the farm..."

"She did. I checked. There's no way she was alive after that." I answered.

"Then somebody must've stolen her body before it got cremated." Jungkook grabbed his hair, sighing heavily.

Jimin walked over to the arm and flipped it over with a stick.

"Look at this." He said, as we walked over.

There, carved into her skin, were the words, "시작이야". (This is just the beginning)

"We might have just made a new enemy." Jungkook announced.

"Wait there's a note." I spotted a rolled piece of paper slotted under the black ring.

Jungkook volunteered to get it out. He opened it up and read it out loud.

"You may have stopped killing, but I'll never let your destiny die. -M.K." it read.

We all looked at Jimin, who seemed just as confused.

"I have no idea what that is or what it means." he replied.

"If my years of detective work didn't fail me, I'd say we're being set up. somone's trying to frame us." Jungkook looked at me.

I burried my head into my palms.

I was pulled into a hug by Jimin. "I'll never let anyone lay a finger on you. I promise."

"What do we do now?" Lisa asked.

"We clean this mess, and cancel all our plans. We have to hide jimin before the police find out about this."

"Who would do this?" I asked.

"Someone named M.K. For now, whatever happened here stays between us. Okay?" Jungkook asked, as we all nodded in unison.

Suddenly, my phone started to ring. The ringtone was one I had not heard before.

We looked at each other in confusion. I fished my phone out of my bag and checked the caller ID.

With sweat dripping down my face, I read the caller ID out loud.

"M.K."

"What do I do??" I trembled in fear, as the phone kept ringing.

"Chaeyoung, Pick up the call. It might be a clue to who this person is." Jungkook finally spoke.

He pointed at my phone, gesturing me to pick up the call.

I answered the call and put the phone to my ear.

"H..hello?" I said, my voice stammering

A computerised voice was on the other end. "Hello... Park Chaeyoung. You made the right choice picking up the call. Now, put your phone on speaker." the voice said, in a deep, auto-tuned voice.

"If you don't, one of you takes a bullet to their brain."

Then, I heard a ear-piercing gunshot. It was so loud that all of us heard it through the phone.

"Was that a gun shot?" Jimin asked.

My fingers started to shake as I quickly put my phone on speaker mode.

"Park. Ji. Min. Long time no see, my friend. I've been waiting 4 years to make this call. Finally, I found my chance.. Now listen. You probably already saw the little 'gift' I sent you. "

"You sick f***. Who are you? Why are you doing this?" Jimin asked.

"Let's just say... I'm a big fan of your work."

"Bullshit. What do you want from me?" He asked.

"I want to become you." the voice replied.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jimin asked.

"HAHAHA. Power. I want your power. And I want you to kneel before me in fear."

"Then leave them alone. It's me you want." Jimin replied.

"Awww cute. That's so out of character, Mr serial killer. Oh, look at the time, I've got to go now. It was a pleasure speaking to you, Park Jimin. I'll see you soon. You too, Park Chaeyoung, Lalisa Manoban, and our little detective Jeon Jungkook."

"Yah!" Jimin screamed at the phone, but the call ended.

"This is not good." Jungkook said.

As the call ended, I felt my head feel heavier. My vision started to cloud.

"Jimin ah I feel dizzy..." I said, as I felt him catch me in his arms.

This was no ordianry person we were up against.

...

Hello readers! Long time no see! Hope y'all like the chapter. there's more twists on the way so stay tuned. Love you lots!
XOXO
-ilikesteakeu