20| Suffocate🗣

Continuing from last chapter:

He pulled me by my hand.

My face was close to his.

"Angel, I....saw you. In my dream." he said, his eyes sincere.

"I did too," I said, as I stared back into his eyes.

...

His expression changed once again.

He sat up. He glanced at my nametag, as my hand quickly went to cover it.

"Wait did you- sneak in?" he asked.

I moved away and pat the non-existent dust off my coat.

"No," I lied.

He looked at me with the 'I know you're lying.' face.

"Are you serious, you snuck in? But why?" he said jokingly.

I stammered a little.

"I uhhh,"

He pulled me by my hand.

"You're just a doctor, I'm your patient. But you seem to care much more than that huh, angel?"

"N-No, I'm treating you the same as all my patients." that was a lie as well.

"Yeah right, like you'd sneak in to check on your patients." a smirk edged on his lips.

"I sneaked in... because I forgot something." another lie.

"Oh, what did you forget?" he asked in the most sarcastic tone.

My eyes rapidly scanned around for maybe something I missed out. but my eyes caught something else.

Jimin was hiding something with his sleeve.

I quickly changed the subject.

"Did she hurt you again?" I asked, glancing at his hand.

He covered it away.

"Look. I don't want your pity for my injuries. I can handle it. I don't need you sympathising like that." he looked serious.

"But you're hurt...I'm your doctor I have to-" he cut me off and perked up on his feet.

"Come on stop lying Angel. Drop the act. You don't care about me. No one does. All you want is to fill in my records for the past 5 years. I realise now that you fooled me. Like everyone else. I should've judged when you were willing to kiss me for it. I meant it as a joke. But I guess I can't trust you either."

Okay wait... what happened to Mr. nice guy? He was teasing me a minute ago...

Then I came back to my senses. It was his bipolarity acting up. The atmosphere got tense real fast.

"Jimin shii, I-"

"Just...stop. Stop making me feel like this. Its just like 10 years ago. I don't want the pain again."

As he said that something clicked in place in my mind. His condition was caused by childhood trauma? Or maybe a loss?

Jimin started to breath heavier and heavier, his face turning pale.

I grabbed my water bottle and let him drink some warm water.

Soon he was once again passed out in my arms.

He was wearing himself out. at times like this, he needed some good rest.

I sat with his head on my lap and watched him sleep soundly.

I tried not to move so he could sleep comfortably.

After a while, he started to perspire a lot, so I rolled up his sleeves, also looking for any injuries. I lifted his sleeve and saw a large bruise on his forearm. It looked painful and swollen.

I gently massaged it.

He was moaning in pain. As I lifted his sleeve further, I saw a tattoo of a flame on his upper arm.

Out of curiosity, I touched it.

As I did, my eyes welled up, and memories of the fire were surfacing in my mind.

It was driving me crazy, and my heart started to hurt.

There was a piercing pain in my chest again. I felt as though, something was crushing me from behind. I could feel my face burn up.

I was hallucinating vivid scenes of the fire engulfing my entire body.

My vision was blurring, and my body was suffocating. I needed help.

I leaned to reach for my phone, but it was too far from me. My hands were shaking tremendously as I tried to slide toward my phone.

The more I struggled, the more intense the pain was.

In a desperate attempt to save myself, I started to pull Jimin's sleeve hard, trying to wake him up.

"Jimin shii, Jimin shii please hhhww- I can't breathe- please help me I can't-"

I felt him grab my hand as I felt myself nauseating.

he panicked and was trying o help me. He quickly grabbed my right hand and rubbed it in between his palms.

I couldn't hold my head up any longer. It was drooping to the floor.

I let myself fall accepting defeat, my eyes closing in unison.

as my eyes shut, I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. And.... way in the back, a faint sound.

A faint sound that was getting louder by the minute.

It was a voice.

Suddenly I felt some energy puncture into my veins, as my eyes flung open.

My lungs were expanding so hard, as I took heavy breaths. I regained my consciousness.\

Only to find myself in Jimin's shoulder, his hands wrapped tightly around my body.

As he heard me breathing, he let me go.

"Are you okay?" he asked, a sincere concern in his eyes.

Tears fell down my cheeks.

Suddenly the feeling started to continue. Knowing I might faint again, I threw myself onto Jimin's chest as I wrapped my hands around him.

"I'm sorry, please just...5 minutes...." his embrace made me feel normal again, here was no strange thoughts, no fire, no pain. Complete peace.

He was clearly shocked by my behaviour.

A little hesitant, he hugged me back.

...

I drank some water and calmed myself down. I glanced at the clock. It was 8pm.

"Did you ever...perhaps...uhmm, ever get... trapped in a fire?" Jimin asked, his voice cracking.

His question startled me. But I didn't wish to lie to him anymore.

"I lost my memory 5 year ago. I can't remember anything about my accident. My mom told me it was a car crash."

Hello my lovelies! Sorry for late update....Its a little short but I'll make the next one quick, promise. Hope you had a great Christmas! Let's all look forward to 2018 and conquer it together okay? Love y'all💕

-ilikesteakeu