Chapter Nine

Denki walked into class in bliss, finally happy for the first time in years. His smile began to falter as the voices crawled back into his head.

You don't deserve to be happy

'Let me be ha-'

You'll never be happy, not one cares about you

'...'

Shinso is ordered to keep an eye on you, he doesn't care.

'Sh-shut up'

Shinso doesn't care about you and he never will.

He's going to tell everyone about your past.

Denki's eyes widened, he'd forgotten about that and he began to panic.

Go to kill yourself

Hitoshi walked into the classroom and was back in his uninterested face. He noticed Denki had stopped. He looked back at the yellow boy to see his panic filled eyes staring at him. As much as Hitoshi wanted to grab Denki's hand and wrap him in a massive, Denki would probably freak out. Instead hitoshi grabbed Denki's shoulder and pulled him to their seats at the back of the classroom. He sat Denki down and locked eyes with him. "Count to 10 Kami, deep breathes." Denki did as he was told and calmed down. Hitoshi smiled at him and he gave a small smile back.

During class Hitoshi kept his eyes on Denki. He was smiling on the surface but Hitoshi knew inside it was a hurricane. Although he would never fully understand what Denki went through, he knew Denki was hurting. When the bell rang Hitoshi leaned over to denki. "Meet me at the roof at lunch." Denki gave a meek nod and dashed forward to catch up to the bakusquad.

Classes for denki whizzed past. The voices were shouting at him inside his head, constantly. "I can't break down otherwise it would be a bigger burden for Hitoshi who doesn't like me and is forced to look out for me by mr aizawa. If I died, all of my pain would go away and I wouldn't be a burden for anyone anymore." Denki smiled. If you saw it you'd think it was a normal smile but if you looked closer and saw his eyes filled with a manic and slightly insane look, you'd run for the hills. The voices died down, only because the voices were now denki's way of thinking. 'All i have to do is get to the end of the day and then i can end my life'

Time skip to lunch

Hitoshi arrived first at the roof. When he saw Denki he felt something was off. "Hey." "Hi." Denki sat down next to him. "So what did you want to talk about?" Hitoshi warily eyed denki. Denki's smile was disturbing. "Um well I was just wondering if you were okay, yaknow because of this morning's events." "Why would you care." Though barely audible, Hitoshi heard it. "Why would I care?" Denki picked his eyes up from the ground giving hitoshi a startled look, obviously not thinking he heard it. "I care because you're a great person who I consider a friend." Denki wiped the tears forming in his eyes. "No, you don't care. I know you don't care. Aizawa is probably making you do this." Hitoshi's eyes widened. "Kami stop I-" "I mean i understand" Denki laughed dryly, "i am a ugly no good weird stupid-" "Stop it" Hitoshi grabbed Denki and pulled him into a tight hug. "Those things your father said to you arent true." Denki sobbed into Hitoshi's shoulder and held onto his shirt for dear life. "B-but-" "it's not your fault." "i-i" "Listen to me Kami, it's not your fault... It's not your fault and it never will be, you remember that alright?" Hitoshi leaned against the wall pulling Denki closer on his chest. He played with denki's hair, comforting him until the bell went. Hitoshi began to stand up but he saw that denki was asleep. He quickly messaged his dad, picked up denki bridal style and walked off to the dorms.

Denki woke up in the late afternoon. He rubbed his eyes and jumped out of his bed, noticing Hitoshi doing his homework at his desk. "Um hey, shinso?, thanks for uh asking if I was okay and bringing me back to the dorms." Hitoshi's focus didn't stray from his notebook. "Mmhmm yeah all good." He said in an uninterested tone. Denki started to walk to the bathroom.