Chapter Ten|| The Start of Hell's Night

{Anna's POV}

It had been quiet since our last encounter with Lust herself. Mariah had been MIA and we didn't know our next move just yet. Recently, we've been keeping to ourselves at the house continuously looking over our shoulders as if some beast would pop out of hell at any given minute. 

"Go fish, bitch!" Chase yelled, bringing me from my thoughts. 

I looked down at the cards in my hands and the beer that sat next to them. Life was really dull at the moment, and that is what scared me the most. What were the sins planning? Revenge? Destruction? After taking out lust, I'm sure they were out for blood. 

"Alexander, do you have a two?" Devin asked to which Alex rolled his eyes and threw it at him. 

"I don't even have one damn pair yet," Alex grumbled, snatching his beer off the table aggressively. 

"Anna, your turn. Pay attention." Chase snapped and I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"It's a game, chill." 

"A game that I am determined to win if you haven't noticed all the pairs I have laid down," he spoke smugly. 

I swear he's mentally five years old. 

"Chase, do you have a three?" I smirked, knowing he was looking for one earlier.

He scoffed. "Son of a bitch." he reluctantly held out three cards.

After Chase finally won and decided to funnel a beer in victory, I moved to the living room watching him and Alexander goof off in the kitchen. 

The couch dipped next to me and I looked over seeing Devin sporting a small smile. "You okay?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, thinking my answer over. "Um, no? I guess not. Just worried. It's been almost two weeks and there hasn't been a single thing that happened. Something is wrong." 

"Maybe so, but you can't fret. We have this under control. Mariah will show up soon with another pinpoint on one of the sins and we'll go to stop them per usual." 

"I just feel... like my whole body is itching to do something yet I can't. I feel helpless. What if they are hurting people and we just don't know? We don't know how all of this works, Devin. It's a scary thought."

He sighed, standing from the couch, and held out his hand. 

I looked at it confused. "What?"

"Come on, I'm invoking our night of hell pact." 

My eyes widened. "Devin, you can't. Now is not the time for that. What if we're needed?"

"As you said, it's been almost two weeks. One more night won't hurt."

"Devin I don't kn—"

"BOYS!" he called out, stopping me. 

Alexander and Chase looked in our direction. "What?"

"I'm invoking the night of hell." Devin gave them a devilish smirk. 

"HELL YES!" Chase yelled, his eyes lit with excitement. 

Alexander's eye glowed a bright orange at the sound and they all turned to look at me. 

"You know the rules," Devin reminded. 

Yes, yes I do. The night of hell: where we agreed to let loose and release hell on earth. We have twenty-four hours to have as much fun as we can and do the stupidest of shit. A silly pact we made when we were cursed into hell form and pledged that one day when we were turned back, we would do it.