Chapter Three|| Mariah

{Anna's POV}

"Hit me like I'm a horseman of the apocalypse!" Chase yelled at me. 

"Stop saying that, you weirdo!" I yelled back, swinging at him but he easily dodged it. 

"Too slow! You're like sloth himself, come on now!" 

"Stop it with these scenarios, Chase!" 

"You're scaring her." Devin snickered as he sparred with Alexander. 

I huffed, folding my arms. "You all need to stop saying this stuff until we—AH!" Chase took the opportunity to kick his leg out, swiping my legs out from underneath me. 

He rose his foot, acting like he was stomping on me. "In case you didn't realize, that was war's horse stomping you to death." 

I growled as I grabbed his leg and twisted it. He howled in pain, falling over. I took his moment of weakness to quickly roll over and pinned him on the ground, grabbing him in a headlock. 

"GIVE UP!" I yelled, tightening my hold. 

"N-never." He choked out, his face going red. 

I tightened my grip and he let out a strangled cough, smacking my arm mumbling some gibberish. 

"What was that?" I asked innocently. 

"I g-give." He was starting to look purple. 

Satisfied, I let go and stood with a triumph look on my head as he repeatedly coughed. "Jerk," I spat. 

"Little...demon!" He shot back. 

"You should know she has anger issues, Chase." Devin grinned, walking over to us.

"I didn't think she'd try to kill me!" He defended. 

"Yeah and I should have finished the job." Chase gasped at my comment. 

"You wouldn't..."

"Oh, I so would." I went to charge at him again but he suddenly burst into flames and I halted as I stared at his skull face. 

"Bet you won't come at me now," His hound's dark voice snickered. 

"You're lucky you're already just bones or I'd burn the skin off your face," I growled and he did a little victory spin. 

"You couldn't if you wanted to!" He laughed. "It already burns off." 

I watched out of nowhere as Devin darted forward, completely engulfed in flames, and knocked Chase to the grown so hard it forced him to shift back to his human form. 

Devin stood up, his flames dying out, and placed his hands on his hips as we stared down at Chase. "Man, today is just not your day."

"I thought you were on my side, bro!"

Devin threw his arm around my shoulder. "I'm always on Anna's side. Plus, I'm the pack's protector and that means protecting you two from each other."

"You just knocked the wind out of me. Literally! My flames died out." Chase huffed. 

"You two probably need to put some clothes on, people are staring." Alexander piped in. 

How a day of training turned into this mess, I had no idea, but it was always amusing to tease Chase. 

"Eh, they're wolves. They're used to it." Devin shrugged. 

"Well, personally, I don't like seeing your junk so get changed." I shot back and Alexander smiled.