꧁𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10꧂

☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎
    Hai! Hai! I would like to start off by saying I am completely overwhelmed with appreciation. I am so grateful for all of the love and the amount of people that have read Miles's story; it is beyond anything I could've ever imagined. Next, I would like to address the fact that I haven't updated in 2 weeks and 5 days?!! Like, huh?! I honestly didn't even realize that much time had passed until I just reread my last chapter to refresh my mind on everything. I updated on New Years Eve/New Years Day, and now I am just writing and putting this chapter out. Honestly, I have no excuse and I don't even know where the time has gone; but I haven't forgot about sweet Miles. There is nothing to say except, please forgive me. Also, wasn't Miles just the most sweetest thing in the world!!!!!! As I reread the last chapter, I couldn't help but fall even more in love with his character and how he is turning out. Brace yourselves for more of Miles cute side, there will be a lot more in this chapter. I love you all and thank you for taking the time to read this.
⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎
☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎☁︎︎
   The stairs creaked with excitement as my hand remained in the grasps of Miles's surprisingly baby soft hand as he tugged me down the stairs. His excitement could be seen from outer space as he practically radiated it; like the sun. At this moment, I hadn't realized it but Miles was slowly becoming the center of my universe; like the sun. My heart swelled at the sight of a bright smile so big it revealed a dimple in the left side of his cheek as he turned to look back at me; as if to check if I was still there even though we were hand in hand. I would kill to see this smile on him everyday. We make it to the last few stairs and I could visibly see the excitement that was radiating off of him be replaced with nervousness and hesitation. I step down to stand beside him, looking up at him with a reassuring smile in hopes of easing some of his anxiety.
    "I'm gonna be right here next to you; you're not doing this alone. They are the same people you know at school; our friends. We can take it slow, okay?"
    Miles gazes down at me with as his honey brown eyes are swamped with nervousness and excitement. I nod my head slowly with him and feel his grip on my hand slowly increase.
    "O-okay," he says with a little more confidence and only a little tremor in his voice.
    "We can go when you're ready, no rush."
    After a few minutes of steady breathing, we head down the rest of the stairs with slow and steady steps. We are met with an almost empty living room, with the bags gone from the coffee table and everyone else gone except for Zane sitting on the weathered-down brown leather couch. The sound of our feet stepping off of the last step alert Zane to our presence causing him to leap off of the couch and pad over to stand in front of us with a cautious smile.
    "You came down?" Zane says to Miles as he seems to practically be jumping in his spot.
    Miles nods slowly with a small smile on his face causing me to internally coo at his shyness.
    "I told everyone to go help set everything up, so Miles wouldn't feel too overwhelmed. Was that a good thing to do?" Zane asks turning his attention to me as Miles seems to be looking a bit calmer.
    "Yes, that was a very good thing to do. I hadn't thought of it until I was being tugged down the stairs by an excited Miles, so thank you for that," I say patting Zanes' head with my right hand since Miles still had my hand in a tight grip. I guess he isn't ready to let go yet; I mean not that I mind. I look at Miles to see him looking around in search of something as his eyes dart around the room.
    "What you looking for, honeybun?"
    He looks at me with a hint of surprise, as a light tint of pink creeps onto the apples of his cheeks at being caught. He tries to avoid my gaze in embarrassment behind his long bangs as he unlatches our hands and begins to pick at the thin green braided bracelet on his wrist.
    "It's okay, you can tell me," I say tilting my head to meet his lowered gaze only to be meet with the flickering of honeyed eyes; from the bracelet to me.
    "You says..." he pauses thinking over his words before continuing, "...you hab gifs forw me. I no see dem..."
    I chuckle at his adorable speech and behavior as I tilt my head towards the front doorway where I had placed the brown paper bag in hopes no one would touch it.
    "Zane, could you grab that bag for me? I got a few things you guys could...use today and for later on."
    "Ooo! Presents!" Zane bounces over to the bag causing his straight hair to swing around his rounded face.
    "I thought you guys could use few activities since you guys seem to be getting pretty close," I say to them both as Zane brings me the bag with his signature gummy smile spread across his face.
    Zane bounces in his spot as stands beside Miles with a grip on the rim of his Octonauts t-shirt that I had brought him for a change of clothes. I take a seat on the couch and place the bag on the coffee table motioning for them to come over and sit beside me. Zane tugs Miles over sitting him down beside me before plopping down beside me. Looking at both of them sitting beside me, makes me glad I had gotten the things I did. It'd be great for Miles to get used to having a friend to understand him and spend time with him while he was regressed; even if he didn't understand everything right now.
"Okay," I say smiling at them as I clap my hands lightly, "What would you guys like to see first? We can do the smallest to the largest or largest to the smallest. What you guys think, hmm?"
Zane speaks up loudly first, "I wanna do the smallest to the largest!" as he starts bouncing even more causing the leather to creak.
I turn to look at Miles asking, "What about you, honeybun?"
Miles looks at from the corner of his eye saying, "Small."
"Smallest first?" I ask to clarify what he meant.
He nods quickly looking back at the bag with curiosity and excitement swimming in his wide eyes.
Nodding, I turn back towards the bag and reach into the paper bag to grab the smallest item I purchased for them. But before pulling it out the bag, I look at them both and see they could hardly contain their excitement. I don't think they are going to be able to sit here for a minute after getting this. Okay! Change of plans.
"Okay, change of plans. We are going to close our eyes with out hands in our laps, then I will put the gifts in your laps. This way you guys can have them all at once. How does that sound?"  I say with a smile, but inside I am praying they take the bait.
Zane shouts, "Yay," while Miles just nods quickly as his long waves bounce around his face and head.
Thank goodness. This makes everything a little bit easier.
"Sounds good. Now, how about we close our eyes," I say looking at them to make sure they cover them, "and no peeking."
I squint my eyes playfully at Zane as he started to peek at me, causing him to giggle and shut his eyes at being caught. Shaking my head smiling at his silliness,  turn back to the back and begin separating the presents. It takes me a minute to separate them while also being occasionally interrupted by a peeking little boy. Miles sat patiently with his hands covering his eyes, however, I could tell he wanted to look; by the way his leg was shaking and his fingers were twitching with anticipation. I place their presents in their lap and start to count down from five.
    "Five, four, three, two, one!" I say excitedly as they uncover their eyes quickly at one.
    A soft, "Woah," comes from Miles as he gently touches the candy, coloring book, stickers and crayons.
    Zane, was less quiet in his excitement making me laugh quietly.
    "Candy! Stickers! And a colowing book!" Zane exclaims lightly slipping at the end. He shakes his head lightly and turns to me with a large smile before lunging at me to wrap his body around me.
    "Thank you! Thank you, Rose! This is awesome. I was just beginning to run out of pages in my other coloring book," he says plopping back on the couch as he releases me from his grasp.
    "Well, then. I am really glad then, Z," I say smiling at him calmly.
    I look at Miles to see silent tears running down his face in such a way that it seemed there was an ocean of unshod tears laying just behind his honeyed eyes. I pause in shock for a second before jumping into action.
    "Oh, Miles. What happened?" I ask calmly as I scoot down off of the couch to sit on my knees in front of him, "Did you not like something?"
    He doesn't say anything as he shakes his head furiously from side to side while glistening tears stream from his glossy eyes. Tears continue to drip off of his thick dark eyelashes causing them to appear almost pitch black as I turn to look at Zane only to be met with the same panicked look I assume I had plastered on my face.
                                Miles P.O.V
    My vision was dark as my nervous hands covered my face from the view I so badly wanted to see. Rosie had told Zane and I close our eyes so she could give us all of our presents. I had never gotten any presents from anyone other than Grammy and my mother. The thought of this along with my increasing fear of the darkness made the fog start to thin but the sound of Zanes light giggling helped to ward away the invasive thoughts for a few seconds . You're safe and sound. You're not alone. As I continue the mantra in my head, Rosies voice breaks through the creeping shadows.
    "Five, four, three, two, one!"
    Quickly taking my hands away from my face, I relish in the light covering the room. I glance down at my lap seeing candy, a coloring book, stickers and crayons that were all dinosaurs related.
    "Woah," I say quietly at the amount of things she had bought.
    The longer I looked that things the more I became saddened and the shadows started to creep closer bringing bags of invasive thoughts trailing behind them. I never got to have these things, but here I am at 18 getting it from a girl I had just met over the week. I wanted this... It's all too perfect. I don't deserve this. As I stared down, a cool sensation started to cool my reddened cheeks and I was glad at that moment. My face felt hot and the comforting fog had faded so much it was out so far out of my reach; I wouldn't be able to drag it back to me even if I tried. I hadn't realize it but Rosie had shifted to kneel in front of me as the cool sensation made its way down my face without my control. I couldn't tear my eyes away from the presents, I didn't want to take my eyes away from them.
    What if this is all a dream? What if it disappears?