Chapter 8: "You Don't Understand What That Means." He Said

Word Count: 947

A/N: it sure is hard writing action. Also haha look at Zeke's funne face. It gives me joy seeing him in fear jk

"Why are we having alcohol during our mission?"

"Captain! Only those guys from the Military Police were able to drink this rare product from Marley! Even the new recruits from the Survey Corps worked hard to procure it for us! Are you saying that they're leaving it here? We have to enjoy it a bit..."

The soldiers tried convincing Levi to take the Marleyan wine on their mission to the Titan Forest.

"There's black tea, right?" Levi asked.

"Captain~" the soldiers all collectively complained.

"How troublesome... Fine. Take it with you..."

They all cheered as they started loading the crates of wine into a wagon. One of the soldiers grabbed a bottle and walked up to you.

"Would you like one for the road, Captain Y/N?"

Your index finger and thumb went to hold your chin. You looked down to the ground as you thought about it.

"Hmm. Well, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to drink Marleyan wine." You looked back up to the soldier's face.

"Don't even think about it, Y/N." Levi called from behind you. He wasn't trying to be controlling, he just didn't want you, of all people, to be drunk on a very important mission.

"Well, I guess the answer's no."

...

The Titans were abnormally fast. You tried getting away with your 3DM Gear but it was useless. A Titan grabbed you and ran in the direction that Zeke had run off to.

You tried escaping from its grasp but you couldn't do much as your arms were confined within its fist.

"Levi!" You yelled at him, trying to get his attention.

Once he noticed you were being taken away, Levi tried killing what were once his comrades in an attempt to rescue his only comrade left.

When you looked to the Titan's face, you saw your friend.

"Timo," your eyes began to well up, "Are you still in there?"

The creature's eyes shifted to look at you before they looked back to what was ahead.

You looked ahead, too. Not too far away was a group of Titans. Once your captor caught up to the other Titans, you saw none other than Zeke in one of the other Titans' hand.

"ZEKE! Why did you bring me here?! Tell this thing to let go of me! Please," your voiced cracked and got weaker like the foundations of a dilapidated house, "Let me go. Why are you doing this?"

The tears began to overflow.

Zeke turned his head, looking away from you.

"For reasons that I can't tell you." He said quietly.

Knowing that he was the cause of your pain, he couldn't bare looking at your saddened expression.

Suddenly, a grapple hook came out of nowhere, barely missing Zeke and hitting a Titan behind him.

What followed the grapple hook was Levi. Overcome with fear, Zeke let out a scream before commanding the Titans to charge at Levi.

Levi propelled forward, killing a Titan. His next victim was the Titan holding you. After Levi effortlessly sliced a chunk out of the Titan's nape, it fell to the ground. You fell with it, too.

Landing with an "Oof", you immediately tried prying its grubby fingers open. You succeeded in doing so before you pulled the trigger on your handgrip, flying towards a Titan and killing it.

You heard a scream from Zeke, "WHY ARE YOU STILL-" before you saw a bright light flash.

You looked over at Zeke, seeing that he was replaced by the Beast Titan.

You were filled with awe and excitement as adrenaline started pumping through your veins.

Zeke then grabbed a Titan nearest to him, tearing its head off and crushing it. He threw the remains as if they were rubble. Levi easily dodged them all, you dodged them all, too, but not with as much ease.

"What happened to your cute subordinates!? Don't tell me you've killed them!? How pitiful!" Zeke tried taunting Levi but he seemed unaffected by it.

You and Levi suddenly disappeared from the Beast Titan's sight.

Hearing something behind him, Zeke whirled around.

He's got him, now.

He pelted bits of Titan flesh in the culprit's direction. What he assumed was Levi was actually a couple of tree branches.

"Checkmate, you beard-faced bastard," called Levi's voice as he flew around, cutting branches from the trees, "You weren't reading obediently, but aside from that... How have I misunderstood anything? To think that you could escape me because you turned my subordinates into Titans. You thought that I couldn't kill my comrades? Do you know just how many comrades that we've killed? You probably wouldn't even know."

Getting frustrated, Zeke threw more pieces of the Titan.

It was your turn to jump into action. You flew down to the Beast Titan with four Thunder Spears.

You hesitated, thinking of the time you two spent together. He was so kind to you, was it all just an act? Yes, it was. No real friend would kill your subordinates.

You closed your eyes, pressed the trigger and thrusted your arm forward. All four Thunder Spears whizzed through the air like bullets, embedding themselves into the Beast Titan's nape.

It exploded and Zeke's mangled, unconscious body flew out of the Beast Titan.

Levi grabbed Zeke by the roots of his hair. Getting close to Zeke's face, he said, "Hey, Beard-face. You asshole... You reek of filth, and you're in damn bad shape for a piece of shit. Well, don't worry, I won't be killing you... Yet."

Levi started dragging Zeke away from the scene of the incident. You followed him but kept your distance, horrified of getting close to such a disgusting thing.

END - 1/12/21, 1/14/21, 1/15/21