1

The League was accompanying Arthur back to Atlantis after they shut down the doomsday weapon that Orm had activated till Superman heard something in from across the frozen land. "Hold on" Superman said stopping in his tracks as he tried to zero in on the heartbeat. It sounded human, but it was faint.

"What is it?" Diana asked before Superman took off

"What's he doing?" Arthur asked

Batman just watched knowing that Clark didn't do things like this unless there was a reason. He could list every time he would do something like this. "You guys may want to come see this" Superman's voice said over the coms his tone bordered disbelief and amazement.

That caught Green Lantern's attention. "What is it?" Green lantern asked

"You're going to have to see it to believe it" Superman said

That caught everyone's attention. Within minutes they zeroed on on Superman's location and arrived at his coordinates. "What is it?" Batman asked till he followed Superman's line of sight

"Impossible" Green lantern gasped as he looked upon the ice.

"I don't understand who is he?" Diana asked

"It's Captain America" Green Lantern said before activating his ring's powers.

Batman did a general scan of Captain America's body. "If these readings are correct then he's still alive" Batman said,"Lantern!"

"Don't need to tell me twice this has been a homecoming almost seventy years in the making" Lantern said before he began to cut away at the ice around Captain America's body.

"The doomsday weapon must have melted the ice enough so we could find him" Superman said

"Will you all stop being so cryptic and tell me who this is?" Diana asked

"Captain America was one of the worlds first super heroes. Everyone is taught that he and his partner Bucky Barnes sacrificed themselves to save the world from HYDRA back during World War 2. "John explained as he worked on the ice with Superman's aid.

"A war Hero. How exactly did this happen?" Arthur asked as he watched

"Well here's what we were taught. In 1945 Captain America and Bucky had infiltrated a HYDRA base that was making a virus that would kill off every man woman and child under the allied flags." Superman explained

"Who would do such a horrendous thing?" Diana asked

"Red Skull, Baron Zemo, and Arnim Zola the head's of HYDRA." John answered, "I even remembered reading stories about Captain America and amongst all the branches of the service he's a legend and very well respected."

After a few minutes Captain America was free. "I'll lend you a book on Captain America once we get back to base." John told Wonder Woman as he lifted Captain America's Frozen body into their plane.

Hours later once they helped Arthur in Atlantis they made it back to the Watch tower. "What you got there?" Hawkgirl asked walking towards them.

"Apparently an old War Hero" Diana answered as the men rushed past them to the Medbay.

"Who?" Flash asked, "Phantom, Wizzer, Miss America?"

"Captain America" Diana answered

"No way he and Bucky been labeled as MIA since 1945. Guess it didn't stick" Flash said

Wonder woman, Hawkgirl, and Flash went into the medbay to see Martian Manhunter checking Captain America's vital signs. "How is he?" Superman asked