fantasy : 23

Nova .

as the burial came to an end i was just happy it was over. this has been the most traumatic experience in my life . my eyes are more puffy then they have ever been in my life, my heart has a numb feeling, and worst of all i'm still out of a dad :( .

i felt a little relief but apart of me still felt empty. everybody slowly left as time passed by but i wasn't ready to leave him just yet . it was finally down to me and my uncles . i had told the gang i would catch up with them later , after assuring a good 60 times they finally had agreed.

"i can't believe this shit right now" i sniffled letting a tear fall as i watched them lower his casket . my uncle kev came and held me in his shirt .

"come on baby girl" he spoke walking me to the car. i stopped in my tracks and turned around . i walked back ..

" i love you pa, i'm so sorry i let this happen to you . i miss you so much words could never explain . i can't wait to meet with you again . i swear i would do anything just for one last hug and kiss. i love you more than anything pa , stay cool" i spoke sobbing my eyes out . i kiss my hand blowing it down to him.

i wiped my eyes and took a deep breath in and letting it out . it was a weight lifted off my shoulder . alt though i was still sad i had felt much better getting it off my heart. as i walked off my uncles gather in a circle. i walked in and they took me in .

after our moment , i was set to go . i looked back and gave a weak smile . rest easy pa . i took one more deep breath trying to get myself together for what hopefully would be the last time . we hoped in the escalade going to an air bnb my peoples had rented out for the wake .

i wasn't as sad for this part bc it shined on the good and happy moments . however there would be ample amounts of stranger attempting to speak with me and i really wasn't for it .

eventually we had made it there and i got out admiring the house . it was nice !  once we walked in we were greeted by a bodyguard . the aroma of weed instantly hit my nose . i looked around and seen almost everybody with a double cup, a 40, or a blunt in hand .

"uncle jeezy i think we at the wrong house.." i spoke walking backwards ready for anybody to make one wrong move .

they all busted out laughing causing me to turn around look at them crazy .

"no we're not it's just james wasn't with the sad shit, we gotta turn up for em nov" uncle ky spoke .

i smiled in awe at them. i guess this was going to be better than i thought .

as my uncles walked around chatting it up i made my way into the kitchen to only see my grandma shakin her tail bone ..

nana - 0 .. liquor - 100 . for my grandma to be so .. elderly i really ain't think she had in in her .

"come on mija, you don't got allat booty for nun!" my nana said i busted out laughing .

"nana what?!" i asked still in shock laughing with her . she had the whole kitchen hype and i just thought it was the funniest . i guess family does help a little more with the mourning process.

"ouuu i can't shake it like i used to" she said holding her back taking a seat . i chucked at her .

"mija come here" she spoke breathing heavily .

"yes nana?" i questioned .

"i love you nova , i haven't seen you since you were 5 , you've grown so beautifully and perfectly! i would love if you came to see your old ass nana sometimes in PR. i've got enough bedrooms in my house to fit your friends and sum" she said nodding her head pointing her finger .

even though nana was a little throwed i could tell she was serious . i took her in for a hug .

"thank you nana i love you more and i promise i will for sure be to visit you , sooner than you think" i spoke placing a kiss on her cheek. she hugged me tight and i did the same thing. it felt good to reunite wit my family again.

once me abs nana were done talking she carried on conversation with the guest. i'm glad nana was doing good . it made me happy to see her happy , especially during this time .

i walked into the living room .  as leaned on the wall i saw the door open .. the same late bitch to the funeral . she needa reset that watch or learn some time management .

"you lost or something?" i scuffed . everybody in the living room lowered there voice and focused their attention on the lady .

"nah i know where i'm at" she scuffed back rolling her eyes.

"oh okay . how may we help you, it's a family only event" i mugged

"i might not be family but my son is and he got the right to be talked and bragged about just like yo lil ass" she snapped back . at this point the music had stopped and all attention was on us .

"sound like jealousy you must've been the side hoe" i clapped back crossing my arms .

"bitch" she muttered .

"watch that shit , watchu need cause i'm bout to escort yo ass back to the trailer park where you came from" uncle ky spoke . shook looks shot from face to face .
"mind y'all damn business" nana said resuming the music. everyone began to continue their conversations. nana walked over to where me and my uncles were now at .

"james is my baby's father . i met him some time before he married his wife . we slipped up the one time we did have sex and i got pregnant. i never told him , i'm only here today because my son has now learned who his father is . my mom has posed as his mother since he was 3 and i owe it to him to atleast tell this fucked up story that's the only reason i'm here" she explained .

"so why you come to the funeral?" i snapped .

"to apologize to james" she spoke letting a tear fall .

"alright we got it , preciate it have a good one . this is a family only event" uncle jeezy said lightly pushing her towards the door . she sobbed as he closed the door in her face . i chucked .

"so what we do with that information?" uncle kevin asked .

"take him in as family kev, it's not his fault" nana spoke shaking her head .

"nana is right plus he's been like a brother thus far unk he's good people" i defended and agreed with nana .

"aight then" unk said .

after our conversation we resumed with the party . i was antisocial so i spoke to a few faces i remembered but not too many . mostly everybody had talked with me making sure i was okay tho . which i was . as okay as i would be right now anyways .

after about an hour this had turned into an old school '90s party and i was getting b bored . it was nothing but drunk old heads in here which was my cue to go . after giving goodbye love to my nana and uncles i decided it was my time to go .

**

***

****

i'm back again this time ☺️ . next chappy finna be lit & im bout to finish this book :)