They Shall Go To The Ball

"OK, this is much nicer than I was expecting."

"And what exactly did you expect from a charity ball being organised by a Lady?"

"I don't know, but I wasn't expecting to be in a hotel so posh that I'd leave footprints in the carpet and you could swim in the bath... Ooh bath! I bet both of us could fit in that thing. How about we try later?"

"Stop trying to tempt me. This is our second official date and I mean to do it right."

She slipped her arms around his waist, tipping her head back for one of his addictive kisses. He happily complied but broke off far too soon for her liking. "Tempting me again, you're trouble. We'll be late if we don't get ready."

Already the thought of spending the whole night together, in a hotel room, was filling his mind with so many ideas and x-rated visions. He knew that if he allowed more than the briefest of kisses he'd never let her leave the room again.

"Fine, I'll get changed." She reached for the hem of her top, starting to tug it over her head.

"Stop!" She paused just as her bra was revealed, her face hidden behind the material. "I will not see you naked for the first time when I don't have time to do anything about it!"

She heard a rustling noise. "I'm changing in Scott's room!" The door slammed shut and she sighed, tugging her shirt off the rest of the way.

She hurried into the bathroom, casting a longing glance at the bathtub before settling for a shower. She quickly freshened up, brushing out her hair and twirling it up into a bun at the back of her neck, leaving two purple strands hanging down at the front which she curled. She slapped on some makeup, going for dark, smokey eyes with lots of her signature eyeliner.

Her dress was a corseted, fishtail style, silky black number that she had paid way too much for. But it felt amazing as she slipped it on, hooked her bodice closed and tightened the laces, although she was unable to tie them herself and made a mental note to get John to help. She doubted that anyone else would be walking around in all their goth glory, but she refused to be someone she wasn't, even for the elite.

She tucked her little bat shaped clutch bag under her arm and called herself done.

Just in time as a knock sounded from the door. Suspecting he might not trust her to behave if he were to just walk in she opened the door... to see Scott standing there.

His eyebrows rose as he looked her up and down.

"You look a bit different upright."

"And on the ground?"

"That too. Ready to go?"

"Just about, but could you quickly help me with something, please?"

"Sure, if I can."

She span around, presenting him with her back. "Could you just tie those into a bow or something? They keep coming undone and I can't reach easily enough to fix them properly myself, Twizzle I'm not."

"Not a problem," his fingers got to work with quick efficiency, pulling the laces tight and then tying them up.

"Perfect, thank you," she turned back to face him, taking a deep breath and mentally preparing herself.

"Nervous? I find that hard to imagine."

She fiddled with her bag, trying to calm down. "I just don't want to fuck up, you know?"

"Every day,"he laughed.

"Is this..." she waved a hand down at her dress,"...is this too much? Am I too much?"