015

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JIA

"Thank you for having us. We enjoyed the childhood stories." Sunoo said and everyone bowed.

Jay assisted them outside but he stopped Jia. They have been there for over an hour already and the sun has already begun to set. "Can I talk to you?"

She glanced at Sunghoon first who's supposed to go home with her. "I can wait."

"Sure let's talk then." Jia said and the two walked away from Sunghoon. They sat in a bench where the orange sky was the most visible.

They sat in silence before one of them broke the silence that was surrounding them. "Thank you for coming, though I never expected you to actually come."

Jia scoffed. "Of course I would come with them, you were blowing me off and we're friends right? The least I could do is be there with you just like how you are with me."

He looked down and slightly smiled. "Yeah, friends."

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

Jay finally raised his head and looked at her. "Say, are you ever gonna like any guy aside from that figure skater?"

"Eh I don't know. Depends on the situation I guess." Jia said, slightly chuckling. "But right now I'm stuck in this hole. Why are you asking?"

He laughed. "No escaping that hole huh? You know Jia, with everything happening to me now it's hard to bottle up feelings. I've always admired you for bottling yours for so long."

She frowned. Bottling up feelings was no joke and after Sunghoon had offered to be a shoulder to lean on, she learned that keeping your feelings to yourself will do you no good and the best way to deal with it is to have someone to lean on.

"But bottling your feelings isn't something you should be doing. You should let out some feelings every now and then." She said, looking at him. "I may still be bottling my feelings for him but I can't possibly keep them all bottled, I need to let some go. And that goes the same for you, letting your feelings out won't hurt."

She was starting to understand why Jay had been cutting them off for days and why he had talked to Heeseung. He can't possibly face all these trials alone, his mother was sick and he might even have other problems that he wasn't telling Jia.

"Then can I let go of this one thing?" Jay asked, confusing her.

"Sure go ahead." She replied even though she had no idea about what he was saying.

"I've always loved your company even though we started off in the wrong foot. Every time we're in the library and we get to talk about all those stuff, it really made me happy." He said.

And then it struck Jia. She was starting to understand what he was trying to say. She didn't want to hear those words come out of his mouth. She tried to speak but Jay stopped her.

"Just let me speak Jia, save those for later when you're rejecting me." He chuckles. "I guess my secret is out, you can already tell where this is heading."

"Jay-"

"I like you."

There he had dropped the bomb at Jia. Just as she could tell what he was going to say, he also knew what her response was. He lets out a sigh of relief as if he had just removed the bricks that had been crushing him from his shoulder.

Was Jia this dense? How could she not tell after being around him for so long?

"Yeah I know, jeez we've known each other for what a month? But I've always known you were pretty, I just didn't know your personality was even better." He smiled. "You're practically hard not to like, I'm surprised Sunghoon doesn't like you back."