024

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JIA

"London seemed to be treating you good Jia, when are you going to give me grandchildren?" Mom said, taking a sip from her tea.

Jia almost threw up the tea in her mouth after hearing what her mother had just said. She was in her family's house while Juyeon is in the mall shopping for clothes.

They had check out already of the hotel and Juyeon was offered by her parents to stay at the family's guest room. It has been a week since she arrived in Korea and her mother had planned to drink tea and squeeze Jia with information about her.

"I'm still young, you don't need to pressure me that much." Jia scoffs. "And I haven't even found who to marry yet."

"How about the young boy staying with us? Juyeon was it?" She suddenly asked, surprising Jia even more.

"He's just a friend." Jia corrected. "We're not interested in each other."

"You never know. I was also not interested in your father back when we were young." She smiled teasingly.

She was in no mood to be speaking about love life with her mother. Though her mother wanted a grandchild as soon as possible, Jia was still young and has yet to find a person to spend her life with. Only two people came in mind every time she thought of marriage and starting a family but those two were unavailable. The first one is marrying her best friend while the second is in London probably looking at art galleries with his new French girlfriend that kept calling her Gia instead of Jia.

"How many did you date during the past six years? You've never told me." Her mom then asked.

"3." Jia admitted since the question wasn't too hard to answer. "The longest one lasted for a year."

"I see. I've always thought you dated many men in the past 6 years considering how beautiful you are. Turns out my little girl isn't much of a heartbreaker." Her mother chuckled.

Jia just kept sipping her tea to hide the embarrassment she was feeling while speaking with her mother. She was never this close to her mother back then for the reason her parents kept fighting hence why she maintained her distance to avoid hearing their arguments.

But they had moved passed that and her parents already apologized on her graduation for making her go through such a bad experience.

When it was finally business talk that's when Jia stopped sipping from her tea as she speaks to her mother about everything she's learned from her current workplace.

"Your cousin would love to work with you. Have you spoken to him?" She asked and Jia nods.

"We speak on rare occasions." She replied. Her mother glanced at her watch and stood up ending their tea party.

"I have to go meet up with someone, sorry for cutting our tea party short." She apologized but Jia just smiled warmly and told her it was fine. She finally left the house, leaving Jia alone again.

She wondered where to go after her tea party. She never really had that much close friends back in high school so it wasn't like she had any reunions to attend to. Should she join Juyeon with his shopping spree?

Jia shook her head, dismissing that plan already as she had way too much clothes already. After minutes of thinking what to go she tied her hair on a ponytail, grabbed her car keys and drove to Serendipity Cafe. Apparently, London did not have the best red velvet cakes and it had been six years since she last ate one.