AHRA

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AHRA

After the interview and shaking hands with the interviewer, Ahra walked to her dressing room, a frowned plastered on her face. She glanced at her assistant, Hyungmin, who had just entered the room to congratulate her successful interview.

"Can you make sure that they don't ask about Sunghoon in anymore of my interviews? It'll put his new lover in a tight spot if word comes out about her." Ahra asked and Hyungmin nods, writing it on his notepad. "That divorce happened a year ago, to think I'm still getting questions about him." Ahra massages her temples.

She stood up to enter the car and finally leave the building where the interview was held. It was an ordinary day for the famous fashion designer and as each day passed, it was starting to get more and more annoying. Most of the questions asked to her were personal and had almost no relation to her works.

"You have a photoshoot to attend to in Emerald View Hotel 4 days from now, are you going to accept their invitation?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll go. Please bring me home now, I'm tired after a long schedule." She tells the driver and he nods, stopping in front of her house where she and Sunghoon used to live.

She really needed to find a new home as she could not stand staying in this house any longer. Although she was the one who asked for the divorce, everything has still felt so new to her. She and Sunghoon had been together for almost 4 years and yet she still couldn't replace the one he truly loved. She was happy for them of course but it still sucked, she thought she finally had everything she could ever wish for but during those times after her wedding, it suddenly felt wrong. She couldn't look at him without thinking she was betraying another important person in her life. It came to the point she couldn't stand it and asked for a divorce.

She could only guess that even Sunghoon felt the same whenever he was with her. Throwing her purse to the side and falling into her soft bed, she lets out a groan.

She was Lee Ahra, to everyone she was the most perfect person in the world. But she didn't feel perfect, whenever she would look at the mirror, all she could see was the face of the woman who was filled with flaws. A woman who had always doubted herself from the beginning when many held her in high regards. A woman who could never be loved by the man she loved equally.

"Ah keep yourself together Ahra. She's happy. They're happy." She slaps herself when she felt the tears building up in her eyes. "But I'm not."

To think her best friend had to go through the same thing when they were young. For the sake of their friendship, Jia sacrificed her happiness and her chance of being with the man she loved. Not only that, Sunghoon was hurt in the process because he thought the woman he truly loved didn't love him when in all honesty, she does.

Ahra then fell asleep, regrets still lingering in her skin.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

She remembers her first meeting with Jia. Her first impression of Jia is that she looked timid and shy, which she later on learns was correct. It took all of Ahra's courage to ask Jia to hangout with her.

"Hi I'm Ahra! Let's be friends!" She says bluntly, catching the shy girl by surprise. She was sure that took 5 years from her life.

Jia smiles back at her. "Sure. I'm Jia."

As Ahra got to know her, she envied Jia for almost everything. She had the perfect grades, a pretty face, and a secured future. Though her family is just as well off as hers, she still envied Jia because for Ahra, she had everything any girl could ever wish for. But Ahra later on learns that most of what she sees in Jia are just a facade she set up to cover the pressure and loneliness she felt.