022

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JIA

"That's... Wow, I don't even know what to say." Mira said, hearing the story. "I'm sorry Jia, I can only imagine what you're feeling."

Jia forced a smile. "This is my choice. I should take full responsibility of it."

Even though Jia could only see her face from the screen of her iPad, she can tell that Mira looked very worried for her. She didn't even know what face to show him the next day for school.

"Jia, I understand why you did that. Heck I would even do the same for you so I don't want to judge you for your decision." Mira stated. "Everything we'll be okay soon, Jia."

She heard the loud slamming of the front door and the faint sound of yelling downstairs. She turned off the call and hid herself in her blanket, the tears that had stop falling earlier began coming back making her pillow damp.

"Please... Stop." Jia said, in between tears. She remembered when Sunghoon had offered to be a shoulder for her to cry on and just when she needed his comfort badly, she couldn't bring herself to call him.

And so enduring the stabbing pain of her heart, she cried herself to sleep while gripping the necklace on her neck.

She had no motivation or whatsoever to even go to school. Her car was nowhere to be seen and the cleaning lady kept asking her if she was okay, possibly noticing the puffiness of her eyes due to all the crying she did last night.

"How about skipping a day of school? You don't look okay." She suggested but Jia shook her head.

"Thank you for the concern but I'm good, I think I can manage school." Jia assured and the cleaning lady didn't argue any further knowing too well there was no stopping her.

"I admire you for being so dedicated to studying. I see a bright future for you." She said, a small smile creeping to her lips.

Arriving at the school, she blended in with the crowd trying to avoid Sunghoon or Ahra. Though Ahra had nothing to do with what happened the past day nor does she blame her, Jia just couldn't bring herself to face her at the moment.

She pretended like it was a normal day for her and nothing in particular happened yesterday. But she was afraid that the puffiness of her eyes would rat her out for crying.

"Jia, are you okay?" Her seatmate asked right after she settled down on her chair. "Are you sick again? Your eyes are so puffy."

"Oh no, I watched this sad movie yesterday and got myself bawling till late at night." She explained, even though it wasn't really a lie it was still far from the truth behind her puffy eyes.

"Ah really? The movie was indeed sad." She said, agreeing with Jia's statement. Lucky for Jia, her seatmate bought it saving her from having to answer uncomfortable questions.

During lectures her attention was purely poured onto the lessons, burying herself on the words written on the textbook as an attempt to distract herself from the constant pain she felt every time she remembered the events that had taken place yesterday.

Even during lunch her appetite was long gone and only the words written on the textbook comforted her.

"Jia?" She ignored Jay's voice and kept on reading. "Are you really ignoring me now?"

She looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Jay seems a bit taken back by the sudden change of her demeanor. "Did something happen to you?" He asked, sitting in front of her.