epilogue

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Ahra?" He said, surprised.

Standing behind him was his wife, surprised at the conversation she had just heard.

"W-Was that true?" She asked in disbelief. "Please tell me that wasn't true."

Sunghoon could only imagine the guilt she was feeling at that moment. "Yeah, it's true." He admitted.

Ahra fell in her knees, tears falling from her eyes. Sunghoon immediately kneels to her eye level, holding her shoulders and trying to calm her down.

"J-Jia... Why?" She sobbed. "I-I'm sorry, Sunghoon. I'm sorry, if only I never told her about my feelings. The two of you could've been happy."

"H-Hey! Don't be sorry!" Sunghoon said, hugging her. "I don't blame you for anything, Ahra."

She slowly stood up, wiping the tears thst thankfully didn't meess her makeup too much. Even if she returns to the reception no one would question her tears considering this was her wedding day.

"I scolded her way too many times for her selflessness, the least she could've done was listen to me." Ahra chuckled, sniffing as they walk back to the reception.

"I think everyone who knew her would've at least scolded her for that." Sunghoon said. "I'm sorry you had to find out about it that way."

"I'm actually thankful I found out about it." Ahra said. "I've always been wondering who made you so gloomy back at college."

They returned to the reception where he saw Jia and Juyeon speaking about something, Juyeon was looking at her worried before they both stood up and approached Ahra who was greeting another guest.

He was standing near Ahra so he heard their conversation.

"Ahra, I'm not feeling too well so I'll be heading back to my room." Jia said.

"I'll be taking her back." Juyeon added.

Sunghoon looked at Ahra who suddenly hugged Jia tight surprising everyone around them.

"Thank you for everything, Jia." Ahra said and Jia hugs her back.

She finally leaves the reception and Ahra tried to stop herself from crying again. Sunghoon rubbed her back as a way of comforting her.

After the day of the wedding, Sunghoon found out from Jay that Jia had already left along with Juyeon towards the airport. He sighed while looking at the blue sky from the balcony.

Yoon Jia, is this really the end?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Happy birthday!" Ahra cheered as they sat at the table she had set for the two of them.

Eight months had passed since their marriage and it was already Sunghoon's birthday. Ahra prepared a dinner for him and beside her seat was a paper bag.

"You didn't have to prepare dinner. We could've just gone out." Sunghoon laughed while looking at the table.

Ahra scoffed. "Why spend when I can cook?"

Sunghoon agreed and the two of them began to eat quietly not until Ahra decided to break the silence with an unusual question.

"Do you perhaps still think about Jia?" Ahra asked which made Sunghoon freeze.

He raised an eyebrow. "Why are you asking?"