002

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JIA

"So what you're saying is if you add this and that, you get the answer?" Sunghoon points at the two numbers Jia had just written. "Seriously, when will I ever use this in my skating career? Am I suddenly going to calculate the dimensions of the rink?"

"Maybe you will." Jia shrugged, slightly smiling at his joke.

"Can we take a break? You're stressing my brain out." Sunghoon said, leaning back and massaging his temples.

Jia nods. "Go ahead. My mouth needs a break too."

She opened her phone and saw texts from Ahra about how she wanted to come there and talk to Sunghoon.

"So, Jia, do you have any boyfriend?" Sunghoon suddenly asked, catching Jia by surprise.

"U-Uh no." She stuttered. Great, now I'm going to sound suspicious. "Why the sudden question?"

"It looks like we're going to be stuck with each other for quite a while. I might as well get to know you." He shrugged. "You don't have one? Well, that's a shocker."

She raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?"

"With a face and brains like yours, pretty sure boys chase you." He said casually.

Jia blushed at the sudden compliment. He wasn't technically wrong. Like Ahra, many men tried to court her, but she never entertains suitors.

"I'm not interested anyway. I can't think of any reason why I should entertain suitors." Jia explained.

"How about your friend? I heard from someone she's popular among the guys." Sunghoon asked.

She slightly smiled. "Single. Why? Do you like my friend?"

"She's fine. I could say she's the type of girl that makes you turn your head to gawk at her." Sunghoon said while looking at Jia.

"That's how her beauty bewitches men." Jia explained. "And looks like she got you as well."

Sunghoon arched his eyebrow. "I appreciate beauty when I see one. Don't put too much meaning to that."

"Whatever you say, I guess." Jia slightly smiled. She had never been jealous of Ahra's beauty, but at that moment, she couldn't help but envy her friend.

Her beauty was even enough to bewitch Sunghoon himself.

"Let's get back to the lesson so I can go home." Jia said while Sunghoon groaned.

Their tutoring ended with Jia's shoulder slumped as she walks to the gate. Her neck was killing her, and she wanted to lie down so bad. Shoving her phone back into her pocket, she looks at her path and sees Ahra waving at her.

Jia facepalmed herself but laughed slightly. "What are you doing here?"

"I know you didn't bring your car, so I came to pick you up!" Ahra said, smiling at her, but Jia just looked at her suspiciously.

Jia rolled her eyes. "Don't lie."

"Okay fine. I may have come here to um." Ahra said, blushing. Jia smiled as she wondered how her friend would react if she found out Sunghoon complimented her. She would probably lose her cool. Her face turned even red when she looked behind Jia.

Jia looked behind her and saw Sunghoon approaching. Both their eyes immediately catch each other, but this time, he was the first to tear it away. Jia watched as his eyes move to Ahra. She looked at Ahra, who was deep into Sunghoon's eyes.